• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Possible upgrade from dali oberon 5 floorstanders?

No_hair_left

Usage is 100% home theatre.
I'm looking to move on from my floor standers to bookshelf's speakers or possibly on walls as my living room listening area is on the smaller side at10.5ft wide 14ft long and I want something better fitting for the room. Problem is looking at all the measurements seems to be for stereo listening and is overwhelming and quite hard to compare to my oberons as I cant really find decent measurements.

I was looking at things like xtz m6 R/L/C (£1600)
Revel m106 with the c205 (£1550)
Arendal 1723 s book shelf (£1350) with a different brand center as its £900 in the uk alone and that's just insane.
Kef r3 (non meta) (£1000)
Svs prime/ultra.
Uk also has way less options then usa so no monoprice or other well regraded brands.

I am unable to listen to any of the brands which makes it pretty hard. I use dynamic volume on light and listen at about -35, I read things like arendal needing to be played louder to sound good so should I just rule them out? I don't care about max spl as I will never get anywhere near that anyway and use an sb3000 so only need bass down to the 80hz standard.

Any other brands I should be looking into that are for for tv/movies.

Last edited:
Top Bottom