• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Need help for some new iems

DevilBlaze

Hi.

I need some advice for some new gear. I want to upgrade my current iems a pair of IE80s. I will be using with a MacBook and with a Sony WM1A. It will be a blind purchase because where I live I don't have stores to go test them. Because I had several Sennheiser I thought on going full crazy and buy the new IE 900 but I think it's a lot of many for iems. I also thought instead of iems buy some full size headphones but i don't think headphones will be that comfortable. As my listening preferences I don't listen to the 'traditional' audiophile music. Pop/ rnb/ rock/ progressive/ metal are the genres that i listen more. Mostly modern stuff and a bit of some 80s and 90s.

I will appreciate any help

Thanks!

eddantes

Addicted to Fun and Learning
1640706223958.png

Probably not what you're looking for... But as adherence to Harman target goes - these are pretty darn good, for little money. Not IEMs... will need to stream over BT, but... it's a suggestion nevertheless

OP
D

DevilBlaze

View attachment 175128

Probably not what you're looking for... But as adherence to Harman target goes - these are pretty darn good, for little money. Not IEMs... will need to stream over BT, but... it's a suggestion nevertheless
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm actually planning to buy some tws for my daily commute and I'm going investigate these.

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
@DevilBlaze this is IE80s:
From there you go to graph comparison tool and search for yourself.
IE80s have some fals in highs and relatively sharp impulse response which the rest is pretty much following the Harman preference curve. You know the best what you want and how would you want new ones to sound. At very best you will gain a little, best regards.

OP
D

DevilBlaze

@DevilBlaze this is IE80s:
From there you go to graph comparison tool and search for yourself.
IE80s have some fals in highs and relatively sharp impulse response which the rest is pretty much following the Harman preference curve. You know the best what you want and how would you want new ones to sound. At very best you will gain a little, best regards.
The problem that I have with ie80 is that I feel they are a bit congested and muffled

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
The problem that I have with ie80 is that I feel they are a bit congested and muffled
Well they are IEM's so that's expected (to some extent). Try with some open over ear design with deacent impedance regarding that but those won't be good on the move.

Edit: @DevilBlaze do you like the bass amount those give and what would you really like in that department?

OP
D

DevilBlaze

Well they are IEM's so that's expected (to some extent). Try with some open over ear design with deacent impedance regarding that but those won't be good on the move.

Edit: @DevilBlaze do you like the bass amount those give and what would you really like in that department?
The problem that I have with over ear headphones is that have to be close back. Already got one strike from my wife. :facepalm:

I'm not a bass head but I like a headphone with good bass. I Don't mind less bass than the ie80s.

eddantes

Addicted to Fun and Learning
If closed over-ear - AKG 371 are a very good value ... and they comply well with target.

1640722892911.png

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
View attachment 175128

Annoyingly these do not seem to be available in the UK- we get stuck with the Samsung models.

Luke Lemke

Hi.

I need some advice for some new gear. I want to upgrade my current iems a pair of IE80s. I will be using with a MacBook and with a Sony WM1A. It will be a blind purchase because where I live I don't have stores to go test them. Because I had several Sennheiser I thought on going full crazy and buy the new IE 900 but I think it's a lot of many for iems. I also thought instead of iems buy some full size headphones but i don't think headphones will be that comfortable. As my listening preferences I don't listen to the 'traditional' audiophile music. Pop/ rnb/ rock/ progressive/ metal are the genres that i listen more. Mostly modern stuff and a bit of some 80s and 90s.

I will appreciate any help

Thanks!
Hey there, I wonder which IEM you ended up buying? I don't own any IEM's but would like to give it a try. Thanks!

Top Bottom