• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Choose between SHP9500/00 and ATH-M20X.

Shred26

I've been driving sennheiser HD206 for almost 5 year now and want to buy a new headphones mainly for gaming. But i have problem, i already try EPOS Sennheiser GSP300 and Razer Blackshark V2. They both felt terrible, like over bass and some sounds were like in another room. For now i have only 2 choices SHP9500/00 and ATH-M20X and idk what to take, cause cant test them. Can someone please help me with choose, and maybe give another options under 50-80$?

staticV3

Master Contributor
You can buy an open box HE400se for $90: https://store.hifiman.com/index.php/he400se-openbox.html

Here's Amir's review:

The HE400se has better bass extension and an overall more neutral frequency response than the other two:

Last edited:
OP
S

Shred26

You can buy an open box HE400se for $90: https://store.hifiman.com/index.php/he400se-openbox.html

Here's Amir's review:

The HE400se has better bass extension and an overall more neutral frequency response than the other two:
I cant buy them in my country for that price. Its like 110$. And it over my budget. Maximum that i can afford is something below 80$. I can buy them used, or even "new" but i think i will spend money for nothing...

napfkuchen

The Sennheiser 560S is sometimes available refurbished from Sennheiser directly for about 90 Euro.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
For now i have only 2 choices SHP9500/00 and ATH-M20X and idk what to take, cause cant test them. Can someone please help me with choose, and maybe give another options under 50-80$?

Philips is open, M20X is closed.

For enjoying music the SHP9500 is the better choice, for monitoring sound in a studio or an electronic instrument the M20X is a cheap option.

If you want cheap with decent sound quality:

You could look into Superlux HD662-EVO as a cheapish closed headphone and HD668B as an open alternative.
Do not expect a long life from Superlux models.
When you prefer a bit of elevated bass and treble maybe the Mackie MC-150 ?

A headphone that is sometimes sold cheap is the Creative Aurvana Live SE.
Maybe when you can get a good deal on the Brainwavz HM5
or the Takstar PRO82

Last edited:
Top Bottom