• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

my first audiophile hifi setup

jsrtheta

Addicted to Fun and Learning
It is true that one competently designed and built amplifier should sound like others of the same specifications made by other competent makers.

I don't believe that's true of speakers. So I'd be damned sure I heard what I want from an active speaker before I'd invest in it. That's no knock on Genelec or other makers of active speakers.

OP
N

Nullqube

What about Focal Shape 65?
So I found KH120 not 150 , is it ok too? Also genelec? What other preamp I can use? I FOUND NEUMANN, fiio , presonus

Moonhead

Not sure What your budget is, but there is brand new KH120II, which I think will be pretty hard to beat even for the already great Genelec line.

OP
N

Nullqube

What do I need to drive KH150 or any monitor speaker? I'll need aux and bluetooth
I thought since kh120ii is newer , I'll go for that? Is it ok?
And what if wanted to have EQ beside the one on the speaker and by software in laptop?

Last edited:
Top Bottom