• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

Bjorn

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Here's are the Bayz omni speakers from 2018 at a show in Germany that I visited. Built in super light carbon material.
Bayz_HDR.jpg

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
A bit of a love and hate shape I think. One could make it straight as well, but it would either serious DSP capability or lots of amps with fine gain adjustment. It would bring the cost up.

Of perhaps you would find them different in real life. This is the only type of speaker I've received good feedback from all women who have seen it.

View attachment 349532

What's going on in that picture? Looks like the base plates broke off, and somebody haphazardly glued them back on with construction adhesive? o_O

JimA84

A bit of a love and hate shape I think. One could make it straight as well, but it would either serious DSP capability or lots of amps with fine gain adjustment. It would bring the cost up.

Of perhaps you would find them different in real life. This is the only type of speaker I've received good feedback from all women who have seen it.

View attachment 349532
Dayton Audio used to make some curved line source speakers with a huge number of small, long excursion drivers of around 2-1/2 inch or so. EPIQUE CBT24
Screenshot_20240217_151730_Gallery.jpg

G|force

Forum Donor
I believe the 4350 and 4355 used the 2405 tweeter, which is a radial design. The wedge in the middle of the slot is actually a nut which screws down the center of the diaphragm. Think ring shaped. :)

dagfinn

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
"Acoustic Lens Family
Within certain Iimits, the acoustic lens can be made to func-
tion as an optical lens to achieve any desired high frequency
distribution pattern. In JBL lens systems, the lens is attached
to a short horn device so that the wavefront approaching
the lens is a properly constituted plane wave".

Thanks, I get what it's doing now. Is there a modern approach that achieves the same wide result?

Newman

Major Contributor
Classic Voigt

1708247586459.jpeg

Top Bottom