• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

Keith_W

Major Contributor
503c217e-966b-462e-a386-9232fd754966-1020x612.jpeg

These are the most beautiful speakers in the world.

Mr. Widget

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It wasn't at an audio show, but the system was at my home. However, there was an audio evening with friends, some of whom had traveled from far away, and it was a great evening. I received a lot of positive feedback. :)
I applaud your work and enthusiasm! Isn't it grand how diverse the options are within our shared hobby!

Based on looking at the room and the equipment I'm pretty sure the sound wouldn't be quite what I am after, but that's not the point. Well done!

All that aside, this is a thread about aesthetics... I much prefer the Dieter Rams designed submissions. ;)

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The entire front wall is comprised of 3 massive horns!

BURWEN_SOUND_STUDIO_335_030211-960x554.jpg

Upon my first glance, this room looks as if one of the most uglily modernized prayer hall of Japanese Shrine with too much gold leaf.

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The entire front wall is comprised of 3 massive horns!

BURWEN_SOUND_STUDIO_335_030211-960x554.jpg
I like how in the big horns there are loads of smaller horns, are there even smaller horns inside those? Horns all the way down.

ocinn

Do you own a pair of H3s? Or is it just an avatar?
Avatar. I think they are pretty. My avatar used to be the backside of a Danley synergy (which I do work with professionally) but not as visually attractive haha.

Flaesh

Avatar. I think they are pretty. My avatar used to be the backside of a Danley synergy (which I do work with professionally) but not as visually attractive haha.
Oh:D:facepalm:, sorry, I didn’t look at the picture carefully, but was thinking about H3. The H3 certainly looks different inside.

thunderchicken

This company makes some amazing looking showy speakers but I'd expect to find them only in one of Jeff Bezos', Elon Musk's, or Richard Branson's homes. Also because they cost like that, too.

https://oswaldsmillaudio.com/loudspeakers

IMO these look extravagant, unusual, and a bit pretentious like someone would own them just to make visitors want to start a conversation about them. The OMA Monarch.

View attachment 142249

Good to see this thread revived. There's a lot of super nice looking speakers to get mentioned here.
Took 36 pages for someone to get there, but this is certainly it.

derKoekje

I always liked how Rehdeko RK115 looked, they are long gone and probably sounded like crap but look wise I feel they had a perfect balance between PA/studio/industrial design and esoteric hifi. I'm a sucker for visible screws so I would remove the felt circles. Bigger models were yucky because of the elliptical TV speakers used besides this full range

View attachment 305208
View attachment 305209
View attachment 305210
View attachment 305215
View attachment 305211
Out of the last 10 pages this is the only one that I think actually looks like a statement piece.

Fledermaus

Forum Donor

Duke

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor

I left my browser open to the Monarch speaker page on Oswalds Mill's website, and went into another room. Then I hear my wife making an excited fuss about something so I go back in there and she's saying "Omigosh, those are the most beautiful speakers I've ever seen!" She has been with me to more audio shows than I can count so she's seen quite a few.

And let me add that those big wings are not just for looks! They are highly functional. What they do is, push the "baffle step" effects down in frequency, such that the Monarchs will have a directivity index better than or equal to a cardioid down to about 80 Hz(!).

Monarch-001.jpg

Last edited:

computer-audiophile

Major Contributor

I left my browser open to the Monarch speaker page on Oswalds Mill's website, and went into another room. Then I hear my wife making an excited fuss about something so I go back in there and she's saying "Omigosh, those are the most beautiful speakers I've ever seen!" She has been with me to more audio shows than I can count so she's seen quite a few.

And let me add that those big wings are not just for looks! They are highly functional. What they do is, push the "baffle step" effects down in frequency, such that the Monarchs will have a directivity index better than or equal to a cardioid down to about 80 Hz(!).
When I look at the setup as a kinetic art object or sculpture, I also find it aesthetically pleasing. In general, you have to give OMA credit for its artistic quality and creativity. It goes beyond technical functionality.

Mr. Widget

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Certainly not the reaction from my wife. :)

Top Bottom