• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

warpdrive

I like slender looking simple tower speakers, simple straightforward box shape.

I agree with the guy who posted his KEFs. I like a simple clean looking speaker. The KEF R11 looks beautiful and better than most of the high end boutique speakers in this thread. Looks great with grills on or off. Drivers look unique, beautifully integrated bezels, and color matched drivers. Another example of the simple design I like is the Arendal 1961.....also a clean modern profile.

wilbur-x

Thank you. I designed the speakers. The drivers are Satori TX 5" in 3 cardiode sections (frequency tapered). Tweeter is Satori Be in WG. Subs are Wavecor in closed cab. and eq. The loudspeakers are built by an audiophile cabinet maker. You might find the build thread if you google for "moelva satori".

Last edited:

cavedriver

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Thank you. I designed the speakers. The drivers are Satori TX 5" in 3 cardiode sections (frequency tapered). Tweeter is Satori Be in WG. Subs are Wavecor in closed cab. and eq. The loudspeakers are built by an audiophile cabinet maker. You might find the build thread if you google for "moelva satori".
Those vents on the front remind me of the vents for the plasma tweeters on the Lansche (although the position is wrong), or maybe I saw similar vents on another well known speaker?

So how did the Satori Be tweeter do? Was recently looking at the Helios speaker kit on Meniscus that uses them, and several speaker companies have been playing with both the Satori and the Scanspeak versions in models I've heard recently. Seemed very detailed and airy to me but I also got some sense that people felt their directivity was too narrow even with the diffuser.

As far as how that midrange array sounds and images I'm completely at a loss to guess and will have to find the thread on them.

Digby

Major Contributor
Apparently I'm a chimp.
According to Darwin we all are. Opinions vary on that, but it wasn't a dig at you.

FWIW I quite like the KEFs too, but they do have a slightly, uh...imposing look to the them, wouldn't you agree?

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
According to Darwin we all are. Opinions vary on that, but it wasn't a dig at you.

FWIW I quite like the KEFs too, but they do have a slightly, uh...imposing look to the them, wouldn't you agree?
Nope. Common ancestor. Not the same thing, and not an opinion.
Let’s just move on from this topic please and thank you. ;)

svtcontour

I'm a simple man when it comes to the aesthetics
ATC-SCM100PSL-Home-Media.png

egellings

Major Contributor
I'd have to sell my house to buy the Goldmunds or Tidals, and then I'd have no place to put them. Just can't win.

teashea

Addicted to Fun and Learning
To me the most beautiful speakers are the Tannoy Canterbury speakers.

Top Bottom