• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

OP
Pearljam5000

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
Dynaudio Consequence
9452437298_0_g.jpg
dynaudio-consequence-ultimate-edition-alhaalta_1760 (1).jpg
dynaudio-consequence-ultimate-edition-olohuoneessa_1735.jpg
FF19E94C-432D-4218-895E-736EF973F892.jpeg

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor

Hugo9000

Addicted to Fun and Learning

Ra1zel

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
If you buy this you have to live with consequences
Bouncing those 3 tweeters off the floor is going to be fun times.

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
A current German DIY loudspeaker magazine has measurents of them. As expected from a 5-way passive loudspeaker they aren't great, luckily mainly horizontal angles were measured
dynaudio-consequence-mk-ii-vintage-hifi-71706.jpg

and just two small vertical angles which are enough though to show the expected problems of such a concept
dynaudio-consequence-mk-ii-vintage-hifi-71705.jpg

What surprised me though is how many resonances the decay waterfall shows, possibly resulting from the too shallow crossover slopes of Dynaudio of that era.
dynaudio-consequence-mk-ii-vintage-hifi-71710.jpg

Source and more: https://www.hifitest.de/test/vintage-hifi/dynaudio-consequence-mk-ii-22022

Last edited:

Ra1zel

A current German DIY loudspeaker magazine has measurents of them. As expected from a 5-way passive loudspeaker they aren't great, luckily mainly horizontal angles were measured
View attachment 250672
and just two small vertical angles which are enough though to show the expected problems of such a concept
View attachment 250673
What surprised me though is how many resonances the decay waterfall shows, possibly resulting from the too shallow crossover slopes of Dynaudio of that era.
View attachment 250674
Source and more: https://www.hifitest.de/test/vintage-hifi/dynaudio-consequence-mk-ii-22022
Horrid, I wonder how much power is eaten by the XO

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Genelec the ones on a nice pedestal unconnected
View attachment 250585
Or

View attachment 250584

I know which I'd rather admire for purely aesthetic enjoyment.
Both fugly in the extreme to my eye but at least the Genelec's make beautiful music.
That thing on the bottom has no value at all, other than to be used as a weapon. :)

White couch, that can't be in a real place.
No one's ever played that piano either.

Talking about regular speakers, these are beautiful : Neeper Acoustics Perfection One
But what's with this fad of making speakers fat on top & skinny on the bottom
The new PS Audios and many others are the same.
All look ready to fall over.

Vladimir Filevski

I don't think so. Turn the volume up a bit and the highs will only be hitting your shins. I don't see how exactly you'd time align them reach your ears.
Time alignment system brings the distance of acoustic centers of all drivers to be the same at the ear position.
Woofer acoustic center is deeper than the tweeter's. Look at the first picture below (from Wikipedia):

TM_lobe_time_aligned.png

When you are listening at the tweeter axis (or between tweeter and woofer), as in route p, there is difference between acoustic distances from the tweeter and from the woofer, denoted as "offset". In route p' there is no difference between acoustic distances from the tweeter and from the woofer.
Now turn the loudspeaker (top picture) upside down - woofer will be at the ear height, and tweeter below. Now there will be no difference between acoustic distances from the tweeter and from the woofer. Or, the difference will be small.

Top Bottom