• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

techsamurai

Addicted to Fun and Learning
These. Where to begin? :) The beautiful baffle, the symmetry, the countless screws.

It's when you hear the price that you understand the emotion that this speaker can bring about! You don't even have to listen to it to have the full experience.

Did I mention that ATC also offers it in a black finish?
atc-scm50asl_359_1.jpg

Ken Tajalli

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
These. Where to begin? :) The beautiful baffle, the symmetry, the countless screws.

It's when you hear the price that you understand the emotion that this speaker can bring about! You don't even have to listen to it to have the full experience.

atc-scm50asl_359_1.jpg
Oh my!
What big voice-coils you have ....

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

atc-scm50asl_359_1.jpg
I can’t discern if this one is a joke, because I know there are audiophiles who would actually like that look.

cavedriver

I can’t discern if this one is a joke, because I know there are audiophiles who would actually like that look.
I agree, and had come to the conclusion they were joking, but I will say I admire them in the way I look at a good pair of pliers and say, "those are a beautiful tool". In my living room, though? forget it!

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor

atc-scm50asl_359_1.jpg
Just when I think I have counted all the screws and bolts. I look again and see More! That’s not a speaker, it’s a hardware holder in my Garage! 45 fasteners just on the front of one speaker. Unless I lost count again? :oops:

warpdrive

The new Philharmonic BMR HT Tower has to be in this thread, they are beautiful and likely measure as good as they look.
View attachment 266222

Martin

Beautiful wood cabinetry let down by exposed screws and ugly drivers. Those Purifi drivers have the worst looking surrounds ever......as though they partially melted in a house fire or something

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Beautiful wood cabinetry let down by exposed screws and ugly drivers. Those Purifi drivers have the worst looking surrounds ever......as though they partially melted in a house fire or something

Possibly not a popular opinion but I love the look of the Purifi woofer surrounds.

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
(found one!)

Seen one up close?
They are so industrious, butch! And well-made, they are beautiful.

That photo is plenty close. Tells me everything I need to know. Not my aesthetic, to say the least.

tuga

Major Contributor
The new Philharmonic BMR HT Tower has to be in this thread, they are beautiful and likely measure as good as they look.
View attachment 266222

Martin
I don't like the the glossy finish, the yellow tweeter or the red wood. And it looks like someone has melted the surrounds...

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Agreed. I'm amazed how often high end speaker manufacturers go to lengths to create aesthetically suave designs, and then at the last minute leave all the screws exposed.

One example is the Devore Super Nine speakers - a beautiful speaker whose look is almost ruined (to my eyes) by the inexplicable choice of using exposed SILVER screws on the black baffle. So you just can't help but look at the single cheapest element of the speaker! Why, why, why?

Maybe it pleases something in the engineer mind-set to see screws or something.

IMG_9681.JPG

Last edited:

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Agreed. I'm amazed how often high end speaker manufacturers go to lengths to create aesthetically suave designs, and then at the last minute leave all the screws exposed.

One example is the Devore Super Nine speakers - a beautiful speaker whose look is almost ruined (to my eyes) by the inexplicable choice of using exposed SILVER screws the black baffle. So you just can't help but look at the single cheapest element of the speaker! Why, why, why?

IMG_9681.JPG
Not me. I'd suspect they have a back room full of silver screws to use up ;)

steve59

Major Contributor

techsamurai

Possibly not a popular opinion
You called that one right.

One example is the Devore Super Nine speakers - a beautiful speaker whose look is almost ruined (to my eyes) by the inexplicable choice of using exposed SILVER screws the black baffle. So you just can't help but look at the single cheapest element of the speaker! Why, why, why?

IMG_9681.JPG
Yeah, they could have easily used black screws which incidentally they did closer to the tweeter so they are aware of the issue. This type of oversight is huge because it's all in the details and if you don't care about the screws being the only thing your eyes are attracted to when you look at the speaker, then clearly there are larger issues inside the cabinet and the crossover that you are also not going to address.

Top Bottom