• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

Gorgonzola

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I think my DIYs look OK. Though perhaps if I'd taken the time and effort, an automotive gloss finish would look better; maybe sometime I'll rework them.

gi.mpl

Last edited:

Gorgonzola

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Very well proportioned!
So I can only take so much credit for those proportions. In fact the cabinets are from Parts Express, their Denovo Audio knock-down MDF 1.16 cu. ft. cabinets. I don't have a table saw so it was pretty much necessary to just buy the cabinets. I laminated 1/4" of MDF to the front panel to bring it to 1" thickness; also I fabricated the black bases myself.

Last edited:

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Beautiful wood cabinetry let down by exposed screws and ugly drivers. Those Purifi drivers have the worst looking surrounds ever......as though they partially melted in a house fire or something
+1
Was about to post same! You just beat me to it. Still a fine looking speaker.

The thread has deviate from "most beautiful ... int he World" T Several of the last posts have been about speakers some of us like ... few (none?) of the last examples would qualify , even, considering the vagaries of subjectivity, as "most beautiful in the World"

Peace.

Ken Tajalli

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Opera Audio Callas Divas. Glossy Mahogany. Leather baffle.

Glossy Walnut below.
18042022163700_52.jpg
Looks very much like Sonus fabers.
Indeed, the shape and use of leather for the front baffle is a dead give away.
I wonder if they are related.

D

Deleted member 48726

1677256516471.jpeg
1677256545078.jpeg
Chario Constellation Ursa Major

Have experienced these in person. Wow! If I ever come across these for a reasonable price (never gonna happen)..

Bjorn

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
What is the design justification for the curve? Don’t line arrays of any kind have cancellation issues and create a comb response? I’ll do some research.
Regular line arrays suffer greatly from lobing and comb filtering and require a lot of distance for the drivers to sum well. But this design, which is called CBT (constant beamwidth transducer), overcomes these issues. The curvature design gives the needed delay. It's also possible to do that with DSP, but the physical curving avoids the need for advanced DSP power. See thread below about CBTs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom