• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

richard12511

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I think every single one of these is ugly. Though the initial post has perhaps the ugliest. They're speakers. They're boxes you hear. The less noticeable their looks the better. Any cent spent on gaudiness is a cent wasted. Form < function. Waf is the only important thing for looks.

I view speakers as furniture. Hell, I've even got 2 rooms where the speakers are there purely as furniture. They aren't even hooked up. I'll get around to buying more electronics to hook them up to eventually, but for now they're just they're to make the room look better.

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Avantgarde Zero is a seriously stylish and anti-kitsch slab of a loudspeaker. It could have been designed by Braun.

zero1-xd_white-satin_white-satin.jpg
Really like those. My tastes run toward the Bauhaus, and a lot of speaker makers' tastes seem to run toward the Steampunk.

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor
PALAST-2017_10_06-28475-dore-reajuste.png

Someone had to... (I find it attractive.)
That looks like one of those tiny cameras that the doctor gives you to swallow so that they can see what's going on in your digestive tract. :oops:

Zog

I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but they fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down. :)
LOL, but while they would not be pretty in my room; I think the tubes, the chair, the lighting, the wooden walls, and The JBLs make for a super impression. Monstrous JBLs are just perfect for that room.
PS, on your demise you can be buried in them.

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I think every single one of these is ugly. Though the initial post has perhaps the ugliest. They're speakers. They're boxes you hear. The less noticeable their looks the better. Any cent spent on gaudiness is a cent wasted. Form < function. Waf is the only important thing for looks.

What counts as a speaker with "less noticeable looks" to you? Is anything acceptable, like what?

beefkabob

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What counts as a speaker with "less noticeable looks" to you? Is anything acceptable, like what?
I like basic designs. Less noticeable. The flashier the worse it is. So mass market and pro stuff is what I'd prefer in the look dept. The eye generally skips over them.

ttimer

I find this statement a bit self contradictory. A lot of the “form follows function” designs from the pro world are very noticeable and obtrusive.
Good design looks good on its own and, at the same time, blends in with the living environment. That is hard to get right. I agree that a lot of the “premium“ speakers are too gaudy and appear to be exhibition pieces which don’t look good as part of a room. But drab, boring boxes can also be distracting and visually annoying in a room.

Top Bottom