• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Monoprice MTM desktop speakers

poxymoron

New desktop speakers from Monoprice. I'm interested in these to replace my desktop Edifier S1000db's but waiting to see some measurements. Might not even be that much of an upgrade, I just have the bug.

Descartes

Major Contributor
New desktop speakers from Monoprice. I'm interested in these to replace my desktop Edifier S1000db's but waiting to see some measurements. Might not even be that much of an upgrade, I just have the bug.

Interesting wonder how they will measure!

AwesomeSauce2015

Well, some things I noticed:
1. only power wires to 2nd speaker => passive x-over. They may have implemented DSP on the main speaker though, similar to what JBL did on these.
2. 1" tweeter => probably going to be able to get decently loud without falling apart
3. Looking at the woofer surrounds, these won't have crazy bass capability and 100w is not a ton for high output midrange.

Conclusion:
They may perform well for desktop mini speakers, but I'd rather have a set of KEF Q150 (on sale for half off) + small amp, or a pair of JBL 305 monitors before I considered these. The $500 price is way too high for this class of speaker, especially since it doesn't have any of the fancy gimmicks like THX or room correction.
Heck, I can even get these, and have enough left over for a basic desktop amp and sub.

VintageFlanker

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Interesting wonder how they will measure!
Like this:
image.jpeg

image (2).jpeg
image (1).jpeg

Bleib

Major Contributor

Top Bottom