• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Edifier MR4 + Sub vs Speaker Upgrade

ivanzax

Hi everyone,

Was reading this forum for a while and recently considered to upgrade my setup as I started to use my desktop more often. I am considering between three options to enhance my desktop setup (laptop + DAC/AMP):
A) Buy a subwoofer for my Edifier MR4.
B) Buy a bigger speaker i.e. Kali LP6 (I can fit in one, but might be very very tight space).
C) Go for iLoud MTM to save space.

Main use for the system is to listen to music, play videogames. For movies I have my TV with an audio system there.

Sometime I use headphones for my desktop but mostly prefer using speakers for relax mode.

Would very much appreciate your opinion.

staticV3

Master Contributor
I think a sub can give you the biggest step up in sound quality.

However, setting one up to integrate well with your monitors is not that easy. Having a measurement microphone definitely helps.

OP
I

ivanzax

Thank you! Can't find Monoprice in our stores. Found Edifier T5 but need to wait more for delivery, they also have Presonos Sub 8 and Fluid Audio F8S available - would it work better?

Top Bottom