• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

"Micro Bamboo Project" : 3E Audio 260-2-29A Stereo amplifier + Micro-Audio PSU

Interesting...I have similar experience when I tested my AB class amplifier with two SMPS power supplies. Regulated SMPS power supply sounded thin in bass with limited dynamic headroom. When I connected unregulated SMPS, more depth in bass, better dynamic and soundstage.

Do you have chance to compare this nice D class amplifier project with Purifi design?

Hi,
Same feeling here ) I sold my Purifi amp but I can assure you that these 3E Audio modules stand up to the Purifi. As I mentioned in a previous thread, with my ESS Heil AMT3 tweeters (96db) my 3E Audio modules are perfectly dead silent even with my ear glued to the Tweeters which was not the case with my Purifi.....

Hello. What OPA operational amplifiers are used in the 3E AUDIO 260-2-29A PFFB module. Regards

Hello. What OPA operational amplifiers are used in the 3E AUDIO 260-2-29A PFFB module. Regards
OPA1612 for native balanced mode.

The first pieces are arriving for my dual mono, these MicroAudio SMPS feel super nice, the metal heat sink is really thick and substantial.
Hopefully the 3e audio boards arrive tomorrow and the Modushop cases next week.
Great service from MicroAudio!
1706209953784.png

The first pieces are arriving for my dual mono, these MicroAudio SMPS feel super nice, the metal heat sink is really thick and substantial.
Hopefully the 3e audio boards arrive tomorrow and the Modushop cases next week.
Great service from MicroAudio!
View attachment 345006
Nice
Still waiting on my micro order
Another 3e amp module arrived here today…..!

Any updates ) ?
I’ll have my first amp finished this weekend. Literally waiting on the finish to cure.
Then as soon as the SMPS1ks-pfcr2 with the Mundorf caps arrives I’ll be able to finish the 4 channel.

I’ll have my first amp finished this weekend. Literally waiting on the finish to cure.
Then as soon as the SMPS1ks-pfcr2 with the Mundorf caps arrives I’ll be able to finish the 4 channel.

Nice keep us informed )

Are you aware that the Micro Audio SMPS1K-PFCR2 is a split rail PSU ? You should not use it with TPA325X amps.....:rolleyes:

My bad, there are two models : SMPS1K-PFCR2 and SMPS1KS-PFCR2 :)
Makes sense now )

Walnut
I’ll have more shortly.
Waiting on the finish to cure on the front.

3e won’t have 480s till the end of Feb.
What about the Slyph audio monos?
The only alternative if you need a mono module is the FB360 that would measure as good as the 3E audio 480 but it is more expensive.....

BTW >will share soon my last diy project with the FB100 Sylph (Expected Sinad 108db under ASR conditions)

Does anyone know what type of JST connectors these are..
View attachment 345258
I need to buy a crimping tool to install the switch wires and it seems there are lots of different types of JST !!

I made mine with a small pair of pliers and a single-strand cable. Easy with a little patience)
The crimp tips are supplied with the psu.
This is 2.54mm JST if you need to lock the Standby connector you can use any motherboard jumper too )

20240117_135643_HDR~2.jpg

IC-DIRECTION6~2.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom