• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Measurements of Soncoz LA-QXD1 Pre-production "Evolution of KTE Board"

maxxevv

Major Contributor
Why though? The AK4490 is not as good, even.

Perhaps there will be a AK4499 device in the not too distant future. But this is already really excellent, especially when one considers the size too !

Green_X5

Forum Donor
Why though? The AK4490 is not as good, even.
The sound of AK is more calm and uniform for me, it is without hunchbacks. ) 4490 is a good middle in price / characteristics, like a mobile chip 9038 from ES.
But I wait and respect the opinions of other participants )

Last edited:

Green_X5

Forum Donor
Perhaps there will be a AK4499 device in the not too distant future. But this is already really excellent, especially when one considers the size too !
I am afraid that the Soncoz engineer will not be to give us a low price for a board with chip4499. On a large playing field and other big players.

porotikos

this almost definitely be my new dac when it starts being sold. and i will use my khadas with my raspberry pi.
can i ask what the main advantages of getting a SGD1 instead would be? it will be about double the price. but if both are transparent, is there something special that i may be missing? thank you guys

seyl3r

Forum Donor
@Ben1987
Great product, congratulations!

I guess it doesn't run from USB-C only? Will there be a version without case? (I only need USB input and would like to integrate it into my existing case/amplifier)

What kind of voltage regulators are on the analog rail supply ?

bigjacko

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Nice job Ben and wolf. The dynamic range for a weighting is 124, what would it be for no weighting? The smpte ratio can hit 110 at the right end, it is so good that it is one the best smpte ratio dac. The matrix element x and sabre pro can only do max 110 as well. How can this dac be this good at smpte when the sinad is only 115 to 116? Given how good the smpte ratio and 32 tone are, is sinad meaningful since we listen to music not single frequency?

Green_X5

Forum Donor
this almost definitely be my new dac when it starts being sold. and i will use my khadas with my raspberry pi.
can i ask what the main advantages of getting a SGD1 instead would be? it will be about double the price. but if both are transparent, is there something special that i may be missing? thank you guys
Balanced XLR outputs and housing. If u need it.

Beb

Hi, I did not find what decodes LA-QXD1 : DSD native ? MQA ? Do you know ?

flowjm

i don't. Soooooo. Thank you

I think that your question was misunderstood as being "what's the difference between the LA-QXD1 and KTB" rather than "what's the difference between the LA-QXD1 and SGD1".

As far as I can tell, in comparison to the LA-QXD1, the SGD1 adds AES and USB C inputs, nicer case and UI, remote control and slightly better performance metrics. Both offer balanced and single ended outputs, and hardware volume control.

Ben1987

Audio Company
I think that your question was misunderstood as being "what's the difference between the LA-QXD1 and KTB" rather than "what's the difference between the LA-QXD1 and SGD1".

As far as I can tell, in comparison to the LA-QXD1, the SGD1 adds AES and USB C inputs, nicer case and UI, remote control and slightly better performance metrics. Both offer balanced and single ended outputs, and hardware volume control.
SGD1 also has a bluetooth 5.0 module and an online upgrade of the system software(OTA).

porotikos

thank you guys. Still the extras are not for me. Therefore i will go with the LA-QXD1. Now, i can't wait. Cheers

Top Bottom