• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Measurements of Soncoz LA-QXD1 Pre-production "Evolution of KTE Board"

SpyB

There will be gray and black. In fact, I confirmed this with the shell factory yesterday!

Ben your answer is very good news for me

I will wait until after the holidays and order a Black version of the SGD1

Thank you

bequietjk

I was 100% sure of buying the SGD1 when available. Now I'm 9000% sure, in Black.
1576902289695.png

maxxevv

Major Contributor
@Ben1987
Is there a remote available? Is the output variable or fixed? Atleast three people asked this questions and no answer yet :(

If you're using Windows PC/Laptop, you probably can get a Bluetooth / 2.4Ghz remote that can be configured to operate on the volume control of the operating system. Whether that works on your preferred music software I'm not sure, but they can be found pretty cheap for the 2.4Ghz ones. Sub-US$5/- on Aliexpress the last time I looked at them maybe a year ago.

headwhacker

Forum Donor
Wow! Does this seem to easily make it into the top 10 of the ASR SINAD rankings?

In fact, the two channels are slightly different. (The developer says the difference comes from manual soldering to repair Hump and will be resolved on production)
I have seen other DACs with worse difference. In fact SU-8 which is the direct competitor of this DAC is worse. If this is going to be improved on shipping products then it's good. The linearity can be improved as well.

However, both criticism are just nitpicks and most likely does not have any audible impacts.

SGD1 is looking like a statement piece and LA-QXD1 the price/performance king.

Wish @Ben1987 success. The only question left for soncoz products is long term reliability/stability. Only time will tell at this point.

Beb

Hi, I am not very experienced, but unless I am mistaken, there is not comparison SINAD ?

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
That would be a more expensive product - which is fine, but that's not this product.
Why? It's a minor xmos firmware change if it's not already implemented. The Tone Board didn't magically become more expensive when they added volume control through USB in a new firmware release.

Tup3x

Extremely interesting device. I'm very tempted to buy one when available. All in one device with headphone amp that does the DAC justice would be just fantastic.

OP
WolfX-700

WolfX-700

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
@WolfX-700 did you measure it also as a USB to COAX converter (if it is possible to use it like that)?

This is a simple measurement and the question is what do you want to know.

Jitter or something else?

I have something else to measure today, you can tell me what kind of measurement I want me to take, I can do it later

Veri

Master Contributor
This is a simple measurement and the question is what do you want to know.

Jitter or something else?

I have something else to measure today, you can tell me what kind of measurement I want me to take, I can do it later
Noise spectrum, jitter in ps? Perhaps compare to your budget spdif converter that is also good.

Top Bottom