• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Measurements of Soncoz LA-QXD1 Pre-production "Evolution of KTE Board"

What's the verdict on dual vs single DAC for balanced DACs? Seems like it won't matter much if the single setup measures well.

Ben1987

Audio Company
SONCOZ LA-QXD1 XMOS firmware upgrade : Only for users who bought LA-QXD1 before April 23, 2020.
Update log:
I.Release the SONCOZ-Thesycon customed USB-Audio Driver
II.Update XMOS firmware for supporting DSD up DSD512/PCM768kHz

Attachments

• SGD1-LA-QXD1-Upgrade-0423.pdf
    209.4 KB · Views: 830
Last edited:

gvl

Major Contributor
What's the verdict on dual vs single DAC for balanced DACs? Seems like it won't matter much if the single setup measures well.

That's my understanding, if done right you may get a couple of dBs of Snr improvement, but at these low levels it doesn't really matter much.

Sophia Ann

Audio Company
Will do. I tried the checkout process on the site, and it errors out attempting to setup the PayPal transaction.
Dear customer,
Thanks for your interest and support to our SONCOZ DACs. I'm sorry that there is something wrong with our payment method on official website. If possible, please contact me by email: [email protected] I will deliver the items offline.

Thanks again
SONCOZ-Ann

Sophia Ann

Audio Company
Same here, I’m all in when we are able to order them in the US.

I reached out via email (to both email addresses) about 20 minutes after Ben posted availability and haven’t heard back via email yet. I’m assuming they are swamped.
Dear customer,

Thanks for your inquiry on our SONCOZ DACs. Sorry for late reply. I have replied by email :). Pls feel free to check.

Have a nice day
SONCOZ-Ann

Sophia Ann

Audio Company

starless

SONCOZ LA-QXD1 XMOS firmware upgrade : Only for users who bought LA-QXD1 before April 23, 2020.
Update log:
I.Release the SONCOZ-Thesycon customed USB-Audio Driver
II.Update XMOS firmware for supporting DSD up DSD512/PCM768kHz

I am thinking of buying 2 Soncoz LA-QXD1 DACs to use in an active speaker crossover system. Ideally I would site them where they cannot be seen – so I would not have access to the front panel - and also switch them on and off remotely (using a controller to switch the mains input to the power supplies).

Two questions …
  1. When the unit is switched off does it remember the input and volume levels e.g. if I have it set so that input to COAX will the that be the input when it is switched on?
  2. If the power supply to the unit is switched off (rather than using the PWR button) will it switch on when the power supply is switched back on?

Ben1987

Audio Company
When the unit is switched off does it remember the input and volume levels e.g. if I have it set so that input to COAX will the that be the input when it is switched on?
As a particularly meaningful feature of SGD1, I've had the same experience in the past, so SGD1 is perfectly suited to our needs.
Screenshot_20200424_231711.png

will it switch on when the power supply is switched back on?
Yes,it will switch on.

Habu

As a particularly meaningful feature of SGD1, I've had the same experience in the past, so SGD1 is perfectly suited to our needs.
Yes,it will switch on.

SGD1 or LA-QXD1?

This is LA-QXD1 topic !

spiritofjerry

Is this available for purchase to the US market yet? I am trying to order via the website, but it seems there is not an option for US buyers that I can see. The EN shop does not seem to go anywhere.

Sophia Ann

Audio Company
Is this available for purchase to the US market yet? I am trying to order via the website, but it seems there is not an option for US buyers that I can see. The EN shop does not seem to go anywhere.
Dear customer,
How are you? I'm sorry something wrong with our official website payment recently. I will fix it as soon as possible. Please contact me by email: [email protected] I will help to purchase offline. Thanks for your time.

shellback

Audio Company
Very interested in the LA-QXD1

Debating between this and the D50s

Chinny

Apologies if this has already been answered- I read through all the posts, but may have missed something.

Will it be possible to play music from a MacBook or an iPhone?

Thanks!

shellback

Audio Company
Will this be added to the measurement comparison chart? Also, the electronics review chart?

It would be interesting to see how it stacks up against the others.

Top Bottom