• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Marantz SR8015 Review (Home Theater AVR)

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
The fan setup I bought was like a 120 dollars when all is said and done. Not sure how that’s even a something to consider when you spent 3k or more on the unit
For sure, I did my Denon X4700H with a cheap $32 Noctua fan
Lots of ways to address any heat issues, mine remains ice cold.
IMG_0001_v1.JPG

Mantra

Wow , cool , may i know how do you power your Noctua fan up?
just because i can't anythink to power it up
thanks , i will do , does it work very well even in a hot summer?

Vacceo

Major Contributor
View attachment 359638
I´m glad to see a Noctua! I recommended a friend to change the fans of their Aircom for noctuas to reduce noise and increase performance. good to see I´m not alone on the recomendation.

Wow , cool , may i know how do you power your Noctua fan up?
just because i can't anythink to power it up
thanks , i will do , does it work very well even in a hot summer?
Noctua fans are quite a standard on hi performance PC´s. Those fans are rock solid, pack an impressive airflow and head pressure (that´s why they are so popular when used for radiators) and best of all, they´re very silent considering the performance.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

Mantra

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Hi
i have find in Europe the adaptor, i guess on amazon
thanks
Adaptor for USB?
I believe the fan comes with a USB adaptor.
Or
Just take an old USB cable and cut it in half.
Connect the red and black wires to the fan power wires.

Mantra

Adaptor for USB?
I believe the fan comes with a USB adaptor.
Or
Just take an old USB cable and cut it in half.
Connect the red and black wires to the fan power wires.
hi
i will looking for a power supply to power on the fan ,not a usb , a power supply to plug to the wall
thanks

peng

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
hi
i will looking for a power supply to power on the fan ,not a usb , a power supply to plug to the wall
thanks

Something like this will work well:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240328_130500_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240328_130500_Gallery.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 25

MacCali

Major Contributor
View attachment 359638
Definitely all you need, I just wanted mine to be a little more aesthetically pleasing. It’s just a stamped piece of steel with 4 slots for fans, it came with the controller and everything plus some cheap fans which did the trick. If you really looked you might wonder what that is on top of the unit but for the most part it almost looks like part of chassis

I ended up with that brand that makes the fans which match marantz, AC infinity. But it was at a garage sale and I paid 30 dollars for that. Glad I did cause personally don’t like the product at all

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Definitely all you need, I just wanted mine to be a little more aesthetically pleasing.
Yea it's fugly but I don't care and no one else here to complain. LOL

zexoni70

View attachment 359638

That's how I solved the heat dissipation problem from the DENON AVC-X6700H with the Noctua NF-A20 PWM chromax.black.swap.

I let the AVR run for about 15 minutes without the fan and then I simply determined by touch where the hottest zone was and placed the fan there.

Now the AVR is always cool because the Noctua NF-A20 PWM chromax.black.swap fan blows out warm air, and I connected the fan to a 5V USB charger from a Samsung android phone and everything works perfectly.
Also the fan is silent because it works at reduced speed due to 5V. ;)

20240331_000649.jpg20240331_000708.jpg20240331_002912.jpg20240331_002945.jpg

Last edited:

MacCali

Major Contributor
Personally, I use the industrial noctua fans and I’m sure if you get either the 120 or 140 that will be beyond efficient. If you have a cabinet or rack I strongly suggest using that.

I use 10 of them in my pc. You can buy the 2 or 3000. Those fans are also more quiet, they pull so much more air you can run it slower than the weaker ones and get equivalent air flow
IMG_4356.png

rafacq

I've had zero problem ever with heat... I'm guessing you guys are using 4 ohm or some fuckery mix... if you are looking for incite or insight might want to add your set up
I’m using 4 ohms Martin Logan Motion 60XTi and no heat issues with my Marantz SR8015.

rafacq

looks pretty decent in performance for AVRs, not so good looking in price... and I kept wondering in current products available are there really the need for such hot running AVRs. after all for this price range it would cost a leg and an arm if need to be replaced frequently, and that heat is always a big enemy to electronics.
Jump to March 2024 and with the Cinema 30 now available, the price of the Marantz SR8015 is now around $2K. It was my dream AVR, and at its new price, I finally bought one. Love it!

rafacq

I have an 8015, and the truth is, I don't notice that it gets too hot. Less than my previous Denon Series 4, which also didn't get too hot with its 7 channels in use.

Now, just in case, I added external fans, which work at a minimum and according to the same device do not exceed 35 ° C.
I added an external stage for the front trio, but before that, and with all 11 channels running with a usual volume around 70/98, I never felt too hot.
I doubted a lot whether or not I should buy the fans, they did not seem very necessary in my case.

Finally guided by the recommendations, I decided to control the temperature and protect the electronics to extend its useful life as much as possible, especially with a view to summer, it is too hot here ...
I just bought my Marantz SR8015 6 weeks ago (great discount price now that the Cinema 30 is out) and I also have an Aircom T8 fan. I also find the SR8015 does not run hot at all. The aircom fans are set to come on at 90°F, but they never do! The T8 shows 86-88°F even at reference volume.

peng

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Jump to March 2024 and with the Cinema 30 now available, the price of the Marantz SR8015 is now around $2K. It was my dream AVR, and at its new price, I finally bought one. Love it!
At that price, the 8015 is a real winner! The Cinema 30 will be too if it drops that low in 3 years...

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

MacCali

Major Contributor
Holy cow, how big is your PC to use/require 10 fans ?
Well my case is large, lian li 011 Dynamic XL, but since I wasn’t going to do water cooling and over clocking my pc I decided to buy bat poop crazy fans to keep everything cool. I have cooler for my cpu and I changed those fans as well to the ippc’s. Not a fan of rgb lights

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Well my case is large, lian li 011 Dynamic XL, but since I wasn’t going to do water cooling and over clocking my pc I decided to buy bat poop crazy fans to keep everything cool. I have cooler for my cpu and I changed those fans as well to the ippc’s. Not a fan of rgb lights
Nice, I like a big case. I'm using a near 20yo CoolerMaster Cosmos case here. Lots of room to work and keep air moving around. I'm not into the rgb lights and such either and don't do any overclocking.
Just recently gutted the old boy again and put together this guy for my Linux music server-web surfing toy. Nothing very special, just a good solid build which runs near dead quiet and cool. Hope it outlasts me, I've tired of building boxes. LOL
IMG_0042.JPG

IMG_0065.JPG

Top Bottom