• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Marantz on Sale.

chris760

Forum Donor
just my luck.... decided to sell my SR5015 and they drop the price $500 off new... :D

peng

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Crutchfield.com still listed the Cinema 50 $2,500, $801 more than the AVR-X3800H, that's tough to swallow, for a bunch of HDAMs and 20 Watts higher power consumption spec.:D If I need the features and specs of the Cinema 50, I will absolutely go with the AVR-X3800H even though I prefer the look of the Marantz much more. The price gap is a little smaller in Japan.

And in the UK, the price gap is only £ 201 (US$245), that is £ 1,700 vs £ 1,499, so for US$245, that's easier to accept for the good look, the gold plated connectors, and the almost useless HDAMs.

Or £ 301 more for the Cinema 40 vs AVR-X4800H

So it isn't bad to pay for look in the UK, but in the US, I would have to hate the looks of the Denons.:D

Last edited:

Heat11

If you need an AVR, Marantz is on Sale,
Prices are good.
That you Corbin?

my brother is about to buy the Marantz NR1711, his Cambridge CXA60 just died. he owned it for X years. originally crutchfield told him that it was too old do a direct replacement with a CXA61. Then they came back and said they would. As of today they are back to giving him $500. It was between that and the Denon AVR-2700H. He has a small room with Kef Q350 bookshelfs and the Kube8b I think. I like his setup with the LG C1 55in he has. Hopefully the marantz will be an upgrade.

Top Bottom