• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Marantz Cinema 50 AVR Review

thin bLue

Reviewer
My Friends C50 and I don't know the price of this item.

20230103_041048.jpg

20230103_041011.jpg
1672686483457.jpg

You can see what I saw. This is what it looks like.

Marantz C50 AVR SINAD 20k 4 Ohm 5 W.PNG

4ohm, optical in, front LR, 20k
Marantz C50 AVR SINAD 22.4k 4 Ohm 5 W.PNG

4ohm, optical in, front LR, 22.4k
Marantz C50 AVR SINAD 40k 4 Ohm 5 W.PNG

4ohm, optical in, front LR, 40k

Marantz C50 AVR RCA In SINAD 20k 4 Ohm 5 W.PNG

4ohm, rca in, front LR, 20k

Marantz C50 AVR RCA In SINAD 22.4k 4 Ohm 5 W.PNG

4ohm, rca in, front LR, 22.4k

Marantz C50 AVR RCA In SINAD 40k 4 Ohm 5 W.PNG

4ohm, rca in, front LR, 40k

Marantz C50 AVR RCA In SINAD 20k 8 Ohm 5 W 1 Ch.PNG

8ohm, rca in, front LR, 20k
Marantz C50 AVR RCA In SINAD 22.4k 8 Ohm 5 W 1 Ch.PNG

8ohm, rca in, front LR, 22,4k
Marantz C50 AVR RCA In SINAD 40k 8 Ohm 5 W 1 Ch.PNG

8ohm, rca in, front LR, 40k

Why I don't need 8ohm info with 4ohm's.

Marantz C50 AVR RCA In Gain 22.4k 4 Ohm 5 W.PNG

4ohm, about 5w, rca in, front LR, gain
Marantz C50 AVR RCA In Fr 22.4k 4 Ohm 5 W.PNG

4ohm, about 5w, rca in, front LR, Fr
Marantz C50 AVR RCA In Multitone 4 Ohm 5 W.PNG

4ohm, about 5w, rca in, front LR, multitone

Marantz C50 AVR RCA In Poewr sweep points compare 4 Ohm.PNG
Marantz C50 AVR RCA In Poewr sweep points compare zoom in 4 Ohm.PNG

4ohm, various points with output trimming.

Marantz C50 AVR RCA In Poewr sweep Freq compare 4 Ohm.PNG
Marantz C50 AVR RCA In Poewr sweep Freq compare zoom in 4 Ohm.PNG
Marantz C50 AVR RCA In Poewr sweep 20 1k 15k 4 Ohm.PNG
Marantz C50 AVR RCA In Poewr sweep 15k 4 Ohm.PNG

4ohm various frequency.

Marantz C50 AVR RCA In Poewr sweep points compare 2 Ohm 1.PNG
Marantz C50 AVR RCA In Poewr sweep points compare 2 Ohm 2.PNG

2ohm, various points
At 6ohm mode of AVR output had limited.
Edit : At 4ohm mode of AVR output had limited.

Marantz C50 AVR RCA In Poewr sweep points compare 8 Ohm 1.PNG
Marantz C50 AVR RCA In Poewr sweep points compare 8 Ohm 2.PNG

8ohm various range and points.
Anyway, For me with 4ohm & 2ohm data, 8ohm seems no use.

You can check detailed settings and data with project file and viewer(Use Demo mode).

Data set
Viewer

Last edited:

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
My Friends C50 and I don't know the price of this item.
You can check detailed settings and data with project file and viewer(Use Demo mode).

Data set
Viewer
Do you have a dash board and multitone measurement at the preamp outputs (L+R), with RCA in and SPDIF in?

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
@amirm maybe it is better if all test reviews include more text for casual contributors. The numbers are adding up for those that want more text explaining the images. I can figure things out but there are a ton of peeps that can't.

Hipster Doofus

Forum Donor
WANTED: SELF DRIVING STEREO

I usually use a Toppings PA 5 amp and a Gustard X16 Dac as required as an ASR devotee. (B&W 801 Matrix Speakers)
I own a RTA (and the required digital mic) Analyzer. Which I hardly use.
I own Linkwitz speakers with a mini DSP, another sophisticated device which scares me .

But when I hooked up my B&W’s to my Denon 960 with just the basic Audyssey system and the 20 dollar app which let me at least in theory copy the harman curve . I think it made an improvement. I still use the dac and stream from a decitated computer. There is some buzz if you put your ear close to the mid and tweeter. The PA 5 was dead quiet. But the smoothing of the response curve also made a big difference…so now I am thinking of the denon 3700 with pre outs to the PA5. And use the Audyssey xt32. All in the service of better sound VS better numbers. In other words when is good enough good enough. I often kid my techie friends who build tube preamps or even digital amps,from scratch. I kid them….if you want a different sound don’t change the components, just get a bass or treble knob.

Is frequency response equalization a tad more important then optimizing other numbers.

Am I wrong to want a self driving stereo and just enjoy the music…if I am please talk me off the ledge.

thanks

THE LAZY AUDIOPHILE

Cote Dazur

Addicted to Fun and Learning
maybe it is better if all test reviews include more text for casual contributors. The numbers are adding up for those that want more text explaining the images. I can figure things out but there are a ton of peeps that can't.
Thank you for this comments, it would be very helpful to have the measuring expert opinion about what the measurement means for the listener, why it is good (or not) or where it fits in comparison to SOTA, etc..., just like Amir does.

Last edited:
OP
thin bLue

thin bLue

Reviewer
WANTED: SELF DRIVING STEREO

I usually use a Toppings PA 5 amp and a Gustard X16 Dac as required as an ASR devotee. (B&W 801 Matrix Speakers)
I own a RTA (and the required digital mic) Analyzer. Which I hardly use.
I own Linkwitz speakers with a mini DSP, another sophisticated device which scares me .

But when I hooked up my B&W’s to my Denon 960 with just the basic Audyssey system and the 20 dollar app which let me at least in theory copy the harman curve . I think it made an improvement. I still use the dac and stream from a decitated computer. There is some buzz if you put your ear close to the mid and tweeter. The PA 5 was dead quiet. But the smoothing of the response curve also made a big difference…so now I am thinking of the denon 3700 with pre outs to the PA5. And use the Audyssey xt32. All in the service of better sound VS better numbers. In other words when is good enough good enough. I often kid my techie friends who build tube preamps or even digital amps,from scratch. I kid them….if you want a different sound don’t change the components, just get a bass or treble knob.

Is frequency response equalization a tad more important then optimizing other numbers.

Am I wrong to want a self driving stereo and just enjoy the music…if I am please talk me off the ledge.

thanks

THE LAZY AUDIOPHILE
Add number 1 for 4700
And 4700 pre -> PA5
3700 will work just fine as well!
Nice!

OP
thin bLue

thin bLue

Reviewer
Thank you for this comments, it would be every helpful to have the measuring expert opinion about what the measurement means for the listener, why it is good (or not) or where it fits in comparison to SOTA, etc..., just like Amir does.
I agree. Simply posting images is not enough.
No! The test review needs explanations for each image. There are many people here that cannot understand the graphs and they need some information to help them identify the graph(s). :D
Considering 'Independent How to read 101' posts and link them to review postings. But writing something with right after data images feel too risky and under heavy responsibility to me.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Considering 'Independent How to read 101' posts and link them to review postings. But writing something with right after data images feel too risky and under heavy responsibility to me.
It's intimidating and really tests your skills and knowledge to get it right but it is needed. :D Be confident!

Top Bottom