• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Lyngdorf TDAI-1120 questions

stoyania

You believe these changes would be audible? It would seem unlikely to me.
apologies for the dumb question but why isn't the lyngdorf using a Purifi amp stereo module? shouldn't they be promoting their own solutions?

OP
S

spacebar

Forum Donor
Code:
1.4.0 / July 2021
Bugfixes:
- WAC: Do not run WAC for 3 seconds on boot (blinking).
- WIFI: Fixing rare WIFI scanning stability issue.
- CEC/ARC: Better handling of "TV speaker" <-> "Audio system" intensive switch back and forward.
- CEC/ARC: Better handling of TV triggered standby. 
- CEC/ARC: Fixing rare deadlock that require powercycle.
- CEC/ARC: Better eARC handling.
- CEC/ARC: Other issues.

tarnopol

I am really intrigued by this amp. Do you think it‘s a good match for my pair of Buchardt S400? My room is around 20 sqm and my neighbours prefer me to listen at low to moderate volume. On the other hand, I‘ve read again and again that those S400 love power and current. So would 2x120 W into 4 Ohm be enough?

OP
S

spacebar

Forum Donor
I am really intrigued by this amp. Do you think it‘s a good match for my pair of Buchardt S400? My room is around 20 sqm and my neighbours prefer me to listen at low to moderate volume. On the other hand, I‘ve read again and again that those S400 love power and current. So would 2x120 W into 4 Ohm be enough?
I don’t know, but maybe an email to buchardt? He’s danish too so I believe he have some experience with lyngdorf ;)

Caylx

Just ordered the 1120, fingers crossed it arrives before the weeks end. Does this little beauty have enough sting to drive Revel M106 or an low efficiency speakers. 8ohm 85db?

OP
S

spacebar

Forum Donor
Just ordered the 1120, fingers crossed it arrives before the weeks end. Does this little beauty have enough sting to drive Revel M106 or an low efficiency speakers. 8ohm 85db?
I believe you’re good to go. I’ve got 8ohm 87db Monitor Audio Silver speakers. I wish my local store sold Revel speakers :)

Caylx

I believe you’re good to go. I’ve got 8ohm 87db Monitor Audio Silver speakers. I wish my local store sold Revel speakers :)

fingers crossed anyway
I also have MA silver RX6, with the 1120 this is the best I’ve heard them. Though I do have significantly less headroom than previously.
This does worry me about potential speaker replacement.

Caylx

Anyone having issues with HDMI arc?
Initially I couldn’t get sound out via HDMI, I factory reset the unit, enabled the relative settings and after about 5 mins it started working.

this morning the CEC connection with tv didn’t work, also no Audio.

OP
S

spacebar

Forum Donor
Anyone having issues with HDMI arc?
Initially I couldn’t get sound out via HDMI, I factory reset the unit, enabled the relative settings and after about 5 mins it started working.

this morning the CEC connection with tv didn’t work, also no Audio.
Have you installed the latest firmware? I recon they fixed some hdmi stuff. I don’t use my hdmi input so I’m sorry I can’t help you.

Caylx

Yep, updated firmware last night. Everything ran smoothly until this morning. I’ve reset all the lyngdorf and LG cec settings. CEC now works,
Audio works when Netflix loads not not when I open a show. YouTube works. Some Stan previous work, but no shows/movies.

OP
S

spacebar

Forum Donor
Yep, updated firmware last night. Everything ran smoothly until this morning. I’ve reset all the lyngdorf and LG cec settings. CEC now works,
Audio works when Netflix loads not not when I open a show. YouTube works. Some Stan previous work, but no shows/movies.
Hmm… about the Netflix audio issue, is that because of the format? LG is pass through maybe and I dunno if the TDAI-1120 is unable to understand the audio.

Well, I hope you enjoy the sound tho, when you hear it :)

RedDogCo

I don’t know, but maybe an email to buchardt? He’s danish too so I believe he have some experience with lyngdorf ;)
I'm curious to find out how the TDAI-1120 handles the S-400s. I'm considering the same pairing.
FYI: I auditioned the TDAI-1120 with RoomPerfect callibrated to a pair of Wharfedale Linton (sensitivity: 90dB @ 6 Ohm). It was a great match with plenty of power to spare.

panther

Plan on ordering a TDAI 1120 this week to go with my Dali Menuet SE. Hoping it matches decently as I can't demo it.

outlookrt

Running a TFAI 1120 here.
I'm having an issue where Spotify Connect will randomly skip to the next song, at least for the first bit after starting a session.
Seems to stop eventually.
Unit is connected via ethernet so not a wifi drop issue.

Otherwise love the unit. Great features, usibility and of course sound.

OP
S

spacebar

Forum Donor
I'm having an issue where Spotify Connect will randomly skip to the next song, at least for the first bit after starting a session.

I think I have the same problem with Spotify. But also a problem that it would skip to the next track 10 seconds before the end. After some songs it’s back to normal.
I believe it’s a Spotify issue and not TDAI-1120.

curiouspeter

Addicted to Fun and Learning

What if you connect using Chromecast instead?

outlookrt

I think it may not be an issue via Chromecast protocol but need to test further.
Think it may be a spotify connect protocol issue of some sort although don't think it happens with my other devices...

Top Bottom