• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Loxjie D30 DAC and Headphone Amplifier Review

Jut1972

So you'd need to control the volume on your amp. The loxjie would be like any other fixed line device. The variable volume would be useful for the headphones only from what I understand, better to set the volume to fixed and let the amp do the variation

maxcom

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum, I am interested in whether anyone has a picture of the D30 inside.

muniek66

I bought the SMSL Sanskrit 10th MKII, but I am moderately satisfied – when connected via the optical input (S/PDIF) the sound is not dynamic, it's flat, it seems claustrophobic.

What do you think, guys, will the Loxjie D30 be a better choice?

I like a warm, full-bodied sound, but not monotony.

deprogrammed

So you'd need to control the volume on your amp. The loxjie would be like any other fixed line device. The variable volume would be useful for the headphones only from what I understand, better to set the volume to fixed and let the amp do the variation
It is also good to change the volume of speakers. Is a very good preamp. It has switchable output, headphone and rca out.

muniek66

Compared to what exactly?

Nope, that isn't.

The reference point is the FiiO BTR3 bluetooth adapter. I connected both devices to active speakers.

I expressed myself a bit badly. SMSL Sanskrit 10th MKII has its own dynamics, but it is more linear than with the FiiO BTR3. Additionally, I have the impression that the sound is a bit less open. This combination gives the impression of a slight breathlessness.

I wonder if the Loxjie D30 will offer a more open and entertaining sound.

There is also a risk that I was cheated, and the seller sold me the MKI version instead of the MKII. After turning on, the display shows the second version, but in Windows (even after installing the XMOS driver) I can't choose the 768 kHz mode ...

maxcom

The reference point is the FiiO BTR3 bluetooth adapter. I connected both devices to active speakers.

I expressed myself a bit badly. SMSL Sanskrit 10th MKII has its own dynamics, but it is more linear than with the FiiO BTR3. Additionally, I have the impression that the sound is a bit less open. This combination gives the impression of a slight breathlessness.

There is also a risk that I was cheated, and the seller sold me the MKI version instead of the MKII. After turning on, the display shows the second version, but in Windows (even after installing the XMOS driver) I can't choose the 768 kHz mode ...

With external power supply , or only USB?

Propheticus

Sorry, can't relate to the vocabulary you're using to describe sound. As a result I can't advice if you'd like the D30.
I can say I like mine so far and haven't noticed any apparent issues. I also notice more bass than the onboard soundcard of my pc manages to produce with my specific set of headphones.

maxcom

I really can't believe it, in these few days I read about 20 review for loxjie d30, most comment on the interior, confirming the similarity with smsl power supply from sp200 and only few electrolitic Caps , as far as I understand it's not linear, but absolutely no one posted a picture of it, TOP SICRET . So I decide and ordered one ,when he arrives I send pictures ....

Ramdi

I opened the case of my Loxjie D30 but on the bottom it has a plastic that covers the mainboard and you can't see so much. To see the power suply you have to completely disassemble the mainboard because it is underneath.

maxcom

I opened the case of my Loxjie D30 but on the bottom it has a plastic that covers the mainboard and you can't see so much. To see the power suply you have to completely disassemble the mainboard because it is underneath.
Ha , ha thank you , for some information ..

MNMLSM

In terms of audio quality for a set of powered monitors (ADAM T5V), would buy this unit or the MOTU M2?

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
In terms of audio quality for a set of powered monitors (ADAM T5V), would buy this unit or the MOTU M2?
In terms of audio quality it probably doesn't matter - they're both good, and probably comfortably better than the internal ADC and DAC in the T5V. I'd pick on the other features as they're quite different, or on availability. The balanced outs on the M2 are ideal for avoiding ground loops and 'computer noise' if that's an issue in your situation.

MNMLSM

In terms of audio quality it probably doesn't matter - they're both good, and probably comfortably better than the internal ADC and DAC in the T5V. I'd pick on the other features as they're quite different, or on availability. The balanced outs on the M2 are ideal for avoiding ground loops and 'computer noise' if that's an issue in your situation.

Thanks for your advice, I think I'll give the D30 a try!

Zek

Major Contributor
Question for D30 owners:
- Can DSD256 files be played on MacOS Catalina?
- Are there any artifacts when playing DSD files, such as pop noise between songs or at the beginning or end of a song?

maxcom

So as I promised, the device arrived and I uploaded the picture from the inside. For now I will not talk about measurements, I will leave it for later when I do a comparative test, with and without upgrades. DSC06407.JPGDSC06410.JPGDSC06412.JPGDSC06416.JPG

maxcom

Also very important, the official driver on the site is very old (April 2020 4.8.20), but it does not matter because you can use the drivers of the next companies because they are the same (more precisely, the driver was made for the next companies). Here is the proof. Comparison of the latest SMSL driver XMOS_USBAudio_v5.12.0_2021-05-30 and the original. Untitled-1.jpg

Top Bottom