• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Loxjie A40 all in one amp 2024

Werewolf123

reason why I am interested in A40, is becasue I HAD A0300, and the sound it produced was amazing.
BUUUT, it had a terrible hiss from right speaker, and a delay in playing sound, for example, you play youtube, pause video, press play within couple seconds, video starts going, but sounds comes on half a secong to a secong late.

unacceptable.
Same delay problem sometimes with A40 as well - I confirm!

Talisman

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Good morning everyone, it seems that this amplifier and the SMSL Ao300 are a sort of twin brothers with some differences, but I haven't been able to understand or find anywhere if this loxjie also has the option to high pass filter the speakers and send the rest to the Sub output. If the feature was present I would be intrigued
Can anyone help me?

Sebcior

Thanks, but... It's the same problem both for Windows and Mac. I think it's a firmware problem or some bug issue, support is not responding. I am up to return it. I will try Topping MX3s instead.
For me it's eco-friendly. I haven't tried connecting it to a PC, but with USB OTG I haven't had such a problem. Honestly, is this a game with LDAC that requires using USB OTG? Man 41 years old, am I already deaf? I have been listening to and appreciating equipment for over 20 years.

fmdelight

Hi everyone and thank you for helping me decide to order the A40. It will be with me on Friday, coming from Amazon.de

Can you please recommend a 2.1 set of speakers w sub that would benefit from the extraordinary capabilities of A40, having at the same time a reasonable price? It would be for a 20-25 square meters room.

grogi.giant

Hi everyone and thank you for helping me decide to order the A40. It will be with me on Friday, coming from Amazon.de

Can you please recommend a 2.1 set of speakers w sub that would benefit from the extraordinary capabilities of A40, having at the same time a reasonable price? It would be for a 20-25 square meters room.

Really need a budget here...

fmdelight

Let's say max 400 Euro

After having listened to:
Marantz PM6005 + Klipsch R24F
Marrantz PM6006 + Dali Concept 6
Onkyo Integra A8690 + Dali Concept 6

do I stand a chance to be:

A: still nicely impressed
B: disappointed by the said combination of A40 and the 2.1 system?

Thank you

PS - all 3 systems above are sh and cost me about 450-500 Euro each (very good condition) so I am also open to a 2.1 system second hand

treehugga

I've owned this little firecracker for 2 weeks now and continue to be impressed by it's capabilities. I purchased it as a stop gap after moving on my Lyngdorf tdai-3400 to raise funds for other things. I was drawn to the combination of HDMI Arc and the phono stage. I also needed some decent wattage for my 4ohm Boenicke W5. After 2 weeks, the dust has settled and I still prefer the sound performance over the big Lyngdorf it replaced, not to mention the 3.2k cash banked : ). I thoroughly recommend the A40.

I have a question about the phono stage (I'm astonished at how accomplished it is).
So, does this amp convert the MM and the aux analogue input signals with an ADC to the DSP, or do they stay analogue through to the outputs? What are you thoughts on this please?
(I've emailed Loxjie for info about the phono inputs, but they haven't replied)

Many thanks

Last edited:

rafels

If it is possible to adjust the sound with an equalizer for the phono input, the signal is most likely processed by an ADC and processed in the digital domain. If you can't adjust the tone, the entire track is probably analog. These are just my guesses. People who analyzed PCBs could comment on this.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
If it is possible to adjust the sound with an equalizer for the phono input, the signal is most likely processed by an ADC and processed in the digital domain. If you can't adjust the tone, the entire track is probably analog. These are just my guesses. People who analyzed PCBs could comment on this.
The tone controls are analog like with many other Loxjie products, realized via the NJW1194 volume control chip that also has some simple tone control functions.

rafels

Good point. So I guess we can assume that the whole phono block is realized in analog.

Beside of that, it is wondering that people replace opamps ignoring fact that most of analog functions is realized by single chip with volume control, audio selector and tone control. It seems that such an integrated chip can have a greater impact on the signal than a single precision operational amplifier. Well, it would be difficult to find a functional replacement.

G-Can

There is literally no where to buy this thing.

Can anyone point where?

Zimmerframe

Not available anywhere
Where are you ?

1708375198027.png

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Not available anywhere
Then wait a bit, there should be stock in the beginning of March. The Official Loxjie Amazon store seems to have some though, at least from My country.

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Top Bottom