• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Mini amp with HDMI ARC? (Loeffen LMFA5000)

BPM

Hi everyone!
Mini-amps are perfect for tv-systems and I use my Dynavoice ca802bt (Loxjie a30) with Audio Pro Blue Diamond speakers hooked up to a smart tv (Toslink) with great results. Most modern media furniture won't house a full size receiver so these little things are simply perfect for the task.
I miss one piece of functionality though..
My previous amp, an Onkyo 686 avr, was big to the point of being a deciding factor in choice of furniture, much to complex for comfort and I paid for tons of bells and whistles I did not need.
It did however make me slightly addicted to HDMI ARC. I loved only having to use one remote, that the amp turned on and off with the tv and so on.
I have not found this functionality in a mini amp until recently. I live in Sweden and a local electronics-chain, NetOnNet, sells this one:

I'm not sure about 4x50w (non bridgeable so I get the use with bi-wireable speakers but why would I want to connect four speakers in a stereo-system?) and I can not find any info regarding the internals (amp-chip, DAC an so on) but that HDMI ARC still makes me curious (the price of 1990 in swedish crowns equals about 170€ or $).
There is nothing on the internet when I search on the model name but since NetOnNet sells everything from fans to kitchen appliances under the brand Loeffen I guess it is a NetOnNet-specifik brand and that the amp goes under other names in other places.
Does anybody know who manufactures this amp so that I can find more information? If not, do you know of other small amplifiers that come with HDMI ARC functionality?

Top Bottom