• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Loxjie A30 Amplifier Review

testp

I also don't know enough about the chips to say for sure if the other ones can reach this level of performance, but it seems like it should be possible. With lower powered op amps, the implementation is far more important than the selection. Chips like this are a little more complex, so neither reality would surprise me.

i can't find it at the moment, but on aliexpress there was one with ~90 watts per channel all-in-one amp that used better parts overall, but has not been measured so who knows how it really performs... it did had large vol. numbers on display though, improvement!! Loxjie actually shows big numbers as well, when using it..

testp

I really like unit, however the power supply is making high pitch now. Loxjie sent me a replacement power supply, and the issue is still happy.
Is this normal? Should I try to replace the device?

mine is silent, so perhaps loopy ground?

ThomasLadder

Mine is silent when speakers are the selected output. When I switch to headphones the high pitch noise appears. I am using the D30 as a preamp into it too, but the issue seems to be coming from the a30. I tried a cheater plug too and that didn't help.

DosThou

It did but that one was all set up already so might as well. Thing seems to have more safety measures like soft start and overload protection too.

Last edited:

Leonine0

I've tried with a cheater plug both power supply (the original and one Loxjie sent), both are making high-pitch noise with either speaker or headphone output. The noise is there even when device is not connected, and it becomes louder once the device is on.

Do you have a US version on the Loxjie power supply?

Helicopter

Major Contributor
I really like unit, however the power supply is making high pitch now. Loxjie sent me a replacement power supply, and the issue is still happy.
Is this normal? Should I try to replace the device?
I've heard of that happening with power supplies in general. Mine is quiet. It is the US version.

ThomasLadder

I've tried with a cheater plug both power supply (the original and one Loxjie sent), both are making high-pitch noise with either speaker or headphone output. The noise is there even when device is not connected, and it becomes louder once the device is on.

I do, Ive also noticed that it seems a little louder in the left channel than the right. I contacted Loxjie to see if I could maybe try a new unit

In the meantime gonna see If I can try a different power supply

Last edited:

testp

No, im from EU. i would suggest try it somewhere else completely, friends house with ur own headphones etc.. if its still there, it probably the unit

testp

Been using this https://www.ebay.com/itm/Douk-Audio...er-Transformer-US-EU-UK-AU-Plug-/283456878291 on A30 which I bought for my previous amp with no issue so far.

wow, this looks really good... are you happy with it? i noticed no grounding on the power cord, but dont know about these things enough anyway...

Best i could find for reasonable ~55 euros was this with noise 50pp ripples, but yours seems better:
Alpha Elettronica SWD120-40072 - Power Supply 15 ... 24 V 6.67 A/6.3 A/6 A/5.45 A/5 A

DosThou

yeah that's the puzzling part. I'm never touching power amp when powered either way so it's not an issue for me, but might not be a good idea for those using this amp in close proximity.

boselover61

Now that I've had this unit for 3 months now (since October) there are a few things I want to say:

1. I really like what the unit has to offers. Including compact form, power efficient, great fidelity.

2. The biggest short coming of this unit is that it doesn't product much power (18w at 8ohm). I have quite a few not very efficient speakers and they really do push this amp to the limit. If I crank it up past 45 then I get distortion, crackling, scratch noise etc.

With that being said. For the price it's an excellent package but I'm still not sold on it due to it being a bit underpowered for my usage. Also the power supply is overselling it's real rated output capacity IMO. If you search up the serial code on the power supply LCAP37 you will see that it's most likely a rebranded 24V - 3.42 to 4A output supply rather than the stated 24V 6.75A.

DosThou

I would like a decent speaker amp, to add to my E30 L30 combo.
But no Dac, headphone amp, or balanced outputs.
I prefer that the expenses are only in amplifying speakers.
Something like "Allo Volt +"
The only additional thing I would like would be a Bluetooth Dac.
Without exceeding 200 dollars.
I know the Loxjie A30 measures well. In my situation I find it unnecessary to have to buy a dac amp and headphone amp if I already have the E30 and L30. But I would like something that doesn't have all those "extras" that the A30 has. Make amplification a priority.
Let there be two models, one for balanced speakers, and one for unbalanced speakers.
I'm curious about the new SMSL Amps. I hope I like one.
Maybe this post is better on a wish list, I don't know if there is one in the forum.
By the way, you got what you wished for, at an even bigger bargain: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...ds/aiyima-a07-tpa3255-review-amplifier.18984/

I much prefer a single dac+amp unit with remote control for my usage though (got super easy to drive speakers too) so I'm staying with Loxjie until some other company managed to beat it.

ThomasLadder

New power supply didn't change the high pitch tone for me, nor did a cheater plug. Loxjie still has not contacted me regarding getting a new unit. It would be perfect if not for this issue.

Helicopter

Major Contributor
New power supply didn't change the high pitch tone for me, nor did a cheater plug. Loxjie still has not contacted me regarding getting a new unit. It would be perfect if not for this issue.
I would try contacting your retailer or distributor.

testp

Now that I've had this unit for 3 months now (since October) there are a few things I want to say:

1. I really like what the unit has to offers. Including compact form, power efficient, great fidelity.

2. The biggest short coming of this unit is that it doesn't product much power (18w at 8ohm). I have quite a few not very efficient speakers and they really do push this amp to the limit. If I crank it up past 45 then I get distortion, crackling, scratch noise etc.

With that being said. For the price it's an excellent package but I'm still not sold on it due to it being a bit underpowered for my usage. Also the power supply is overselling it's real rated output capacity IMO. If you search up the serial code on the power supply LCAP37 you will see that it's most likely a rebranded 24V - 3.42 to 4A output supply rather than the stated 24V 6.75A.

Don't shoot the messenger, because the messenger doesn't know any better:

The way i see it power supplies seems to/ might have some cap(s) before converting AC to DC, those caps might hold current (reserves),

220 volts input will reach output: 24 volts ~6.7 amps perhaps even, 110 volts input wont, perhaps it just does not have reserves to reach it..

this is still good supply but a cheapo, also...being a universal supply the stats are not wrong either.

If i would be buying a supply now, Douk Audio 150W 24V/6A looks really decent, DosThou uses it as i read...

it would be great if someone could measure it but oh well...

boselover61

Don't shoot the messenger, because the messenger doesn't know any better:

The way i see it power supplies seems to/ might have some cap(s) before converting AC to DC, those caps might hold current (reserves),

220 volts input will reach output: 24 volts ~6.7 amps perhaps even, 110 volts input wont, perhaps it just does not have reserves to reach it..

this is still good supply but a cheapo, also...being a universal supply the stats are not wrong either.

If i would be buying a supply now, Douk Audio 150W 24V/6A looks really decent, DosThou uses it as i read...

it would be great if someone could measure it but oh well...

I have the Nobsound power supply the user listed above. It's quite a bit heavier than the stock power supply that came from LOXJIE. That's why I started suspecting that the listed output on the LOXJIE's a fraud. The Nobsound does allows the volume to be at "50" with less distortion/crackling than the LOXJIE's supplied PSU. Also I can't really get 220V because i'm in the U.S. I wrote Nobsound/Douk a quite back and they said the 150W 24/6A value on their nobsound PSU is rated for 110V

testp

another brilliant guess i just had :)

lets assume power supply is 100% efficient,

then if we know supply outputs 24 volts 6.7 amps, that's ~160 watts.

so that would mean it would need 160 watts / 220 volts = 0.72 amps (220v) to get to this figure

160 watts / 110 volts = 1.45 amps, so maybe input amperage is the limiting factor in these supplies.

Top Bottom