• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Looking for advices for speakers

Kaspark

Hi everyone,
I'm looking for bookshelves speakers for my Audiolab 6000A.
I'm a beginner and knows nothing about hifi. I had the opportunity to listen to several speakers as Dynaudio emit 10 (which I liked), the Bower and wilkins 707 (not bad but too expensive for my budget) and the Wharfedale Denton 85th (with too much treble for my taste). I have a max budget of $800 for a pair of speakers. I'm a bit lost, even more reading reviews of measurement here. Could you help me? thank you very much, and sorry for my awful english (i'm french).

EdTice

Hi everyone,
I'm looking for bookshelves speakers for my Audiolab 6000A.
I'm a beginner and knows nothing about hifi. I had the opportunity to listen to several speakers as Dynaudio emit 10 (which I liked), the Bower and wilkins 707 (not bad but too expensive for my budget) and the Wharfedale Denton 85th (with too much treble for my taste). I have a max budget of $800 for a pair of speakers. I'm a bit lost, even more reading reviews of measurement here. Could you help me? thank you very much, and sorry for my awful english (i'm french).
Have you seen this page? Its for USA so prices might be different. But if you can get them for similar prices, this list might be all you need.

DanielT

Major Contributor
.... Dynaudio emit 10 (which I liked), the Bower and wilkins 707 (not bad but too expensive for my budget) .....
But if you like them, buy some used ones? These in Germany but there will probably be some in France.
I do not know if that place in Germany is close to you? Can you can and pick them up? Or maybe the seller can send them (do not know shipping costs Germany-France)? Perhaps the easiest way to investigate the HiFi market in France.

Edit:
...my awful english (i'm french).
Tip:

Attachments

• shot_2022-02-09_07-28-40.png
    shot_2022-02-09_07-28-40.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:

shorewalker

Late to this, but it sounds like you enjoy the Dynaudio's warm sound. Many people do, and Dynaudio has a great reputation. Trust your ears

Top Bottom