• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Another boring atmos question

No_hair_left

Hi, I am currently using 2 dali altecos mounted on my ceiling and would like to upgrade for a .4 setup.

Due to size and cost the altecos are an eyesore and pretty big so dont want another 2 on the ceiling (they were also pretty hard to mount upside down). I was looking at a pair outdoor speakers or maybe even something like the minx min 22 for the top rears, my ceiling is only 7ft high, is there anything that would fit the bill or would anything suffice?

Also struggling with placement how accurate is audio advice? https://www.audioadvice.com/my-theater-specs?hex=14305e3bc560&utm_campaign=Home Theater Design Specs (RwPGZ3)&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Welcome 3D Home Theater Designers&_kx=j-t9bITUBck2jtdEBryOes3CTLVbXNiBSxszmdfoK_w=.QK6n9e I can get the atmos pretty much laid out as that tool suggests that I used to measure my room.

staticV3

Master Contributor
Are in-ceiling speakers a possibility?

If not, and depending on the size of your room, Monoprice's THX Satellite speakers may be a good option. Especially since they'd only be used as height speakers.

Erin from EAC did a detailed reviews of these:
YouTube video, Written review

It seems like they are least expensive as part of a 5.1 set for $390, which I realize is not ideal.

OP
N

No_hair_left

Are in-ceiling speakers a possibility?

If not, and depending on the size of your room, Monoprice's THX Satellite speakers may be a good option. Especially since they'd only be used as height speakers.

Erin from EAC did a detailed reviews of these:
YouTube video, Written review

It seems like they are least expensive as part of a 5.1 set for $390, which I realize is not ideal.
Im renting so no in-ceiling unfortunately. Also those monoprice speakers don't seem to be available at all in the uk. Has anyone actually mounted them on the ceiling? or are they used as front/rear heights like an auro layout? people are complaining about them being 4ohms whatever that means.

I use dali oberon 5 towers with the oberon vokal center, 2 dali altecos and 2 dali fazon sat for surrounds with a x3800h if that helps.

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
OP
N

No_hair_left

These are available in the UK.

Like the altecos I have on the ceiling they are massive and very expensive at £500 a pair, realistically only looking to spend another £250 if possible or possibly sell the altecos and buy 4 of the same brand for the atmos layer

Top Bottom