• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Lenovo Thinkpad L14 question

nematode

Hi there…i have a Lenovo Thinkpad L14 and it was from i was working for a corporate company.. Now that I’m inactive in the company i cant log into my computer.

Is there a way to hard reset the laptop so that it’s a basic Windows OS and wipe the corporate log in?

Thank you!!

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi there…i have a Lenovo Thinkpad L14 and it was from i was working for a corporate company.. Now that I’m inactive in the company i cant log into my computer.

Is there a way to hard reset the laptop so that it’s a basic Windows OS and wipe the corporate log in?

Thank you!!
I would ask the IT of your former company to remove all data and give you the admin password. In our company all notebook disks are encrypted. If this is the case with yours as well you should also know this password.

ThatM1key

Major Contributor
Maybe you could swap the ssd with one of yours?

disasembly post

If uefi/bios is password protected that's a different story.
Usually the vefi/bios password, can be wiped with clearing the cmos.

Morla

Forum Donor
Usually the vefi/bios password, can be wiped with clearing the cmos.
That used to be the case in the past but today it problably involves connecting two pins temporarily on a chip to get rid of the password instead. Unless you meant just that and not removing the battery :) OP did not specify if there even was a password but I wonder why the company did not want the laptop back?

OP
N

nematode

That used to be the case in the past but today it problably involves connecting two pins temporarily on a chip to get rid of the password instead. Unless you meant just that and not removing the battery :) OP did not specify if there even was a password but I wonder why the company did not want the laptop back?
the company gives new laptops every few years

Audiofire

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Top Bottom