• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Latin music & artists

JustAnandaDourEyedDude

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Estrella Morente sings "Ay Maricruz"

Estrella Morente sings "Vuelvo Al Sur" of Piazzolla

Estrella Morente sings "Solea"

Estrella Morente performs (!) "Zambra" live

JustAnandaDourEyedDude

Here is Huguette Tourangeau in a performance of "Cancion del fuego fatuo" (Song of the Firefly) from de Falla's El Amor Brujo. I was lucky enough to see Carlos Saura's movie of the ballet multiple times in an art-house theater soon after its release.

Here is Estrella Morente in a performace of the same song

JustAnandaDourEyedDude

An extraordinary CD album composed by a group 3 Na Massa, showcasing 13 Brazilian female vocal talents. I think I bought three copies of the actual CD over several years.

Here is Nina Miranda singing "Morada Boa"

Here is Pitty singing "Lagrimas Preitas" in a live performance.

Here is the entire album. Every track is stellar, with lead vocals by CeU, Cyz, and other superb singers.

Juhazi

Major Contributor
We can't forget Sivuca!

Severino Dias de Oliveira (May 26, 1930 – December 14, 2006), known professionally as Sivuca, was a Brazilian accordionist, guitarist and singer. In addition to his home state of Paraíba, Brazil, and cities Recife and Rio de Janeiro, he worked and lived in Paris, Lisbon, and New York City intermittently. He has two daughters, Wilma Da Silva and Flavia de Oliveira Barreto.

He worked with Scandinavian jazz musicians in the 1980s. His most famous songs are "João e Maria" with lyrics by Chico Buarque and "Feira de Mangaio", named after the artisan markets of northeast Brazil. He used makeshift instruments alongside conventional ones and combined traditional regional styles such as forró and choro with jazz, bossa nova, and classical music. Sivuca and Hermeto Pascoal, both versatile multi-instrumentalists with albinism, worked together and are sometimes confused with each other.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Was just listening to some Greg Rolie, Soul Sacrifice particularly....good stuff

Reactions: ADU
OP
A

ADU

Major Contributor
I like this new track by Karol G as well, even though it's only mono. Posting this only as a link because it contains a little mature-ish content.

Karol G "Provenza"

Top Bottom