• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Latin music & artists

KeithPhantom

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I have a whole playlist of just this genre in Apple Music. Mostly bachata, but there’s some merengue and other genres. I also follow the urban Lain music scene and have another playlist full of it (explicit though).

Reactions: ADU

KeithPhantom

Forum Donor
Are you a Monchy & Alexandra fan?
Yeah, I like them. I listen from the pretty known Romeo Santos all the way to people like Fernandito Villalona, Joe Veras….

Last edited:

KeithPhantom

Forum Donor
OP
A

ADU

Major Contributor
Yeah, I like them. I listen from the pretty known Romeo Santos all the way to people like Fernandito Villalona, Joe Veras….

Thank you for this. It looks like a very good list.

I think Monchy & Alexandra were my introduction to the genre. And then Aventura, with Romeo and Henry Santos on vocals, came along a bit later.

"Eres Mia", which is on your list, was one of my favorite Romeo vids. I liked some of Henry's solo efforts as well, though they weren't anywhere near as popular.

Last edited:

KeithPhantom

Forum Donor
I have another playlist. That playlist is focused in mostly ballad-type of songs (mostly known as 80s/90s Latin pop). My favorite artist is Ricardo Montaner from that genre, in my opinion he pushed this genre to the pinnacle of Latin music. He combined aspects from classical music with elements of pop and made something that sounds refined (sometimes ethereal with specific songs), yet refreshing. That genre has been in decadence from the 90s, and most music created nowadays is mostly commercial and lacking actual instrumentation.

Top Bottom