• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Latin music & artists

Walter

Addicted to Fun and Learning
While some of their music glorifies the drug trade that has destroyed countless lives in Latina America, I still used to really enjoy the music of Los Tucanes De Tijuana--again, the large quantities of Pacifico, Tecate, and Cazadores that accompanied it may have influenced my preference a bit.

Last edited:
Reactions: ADU

Walter

And last but not least, Thalia, who is a whole lot better role model than Los Tucanes.

OP
A

ADU

Major Contributor
Best to always put the name in the comments, as a lot of Youtube videos, including this one, are blocked outside certain countries.
Thanks for the reminder. Jim

I think this is a very good idea, and will try to remember to do it as well. And thank you, and others here for your other contributions to the topic so far. It is much appreciated.

I'm also a bit of Thalia and Gloria Trevi nut btw. :) And Belinda Peregrin.

OP
A

ADU

Major Contributor
Was thinkin it might also be useful to list the genres as well, when applicable, in case that could be of some help to some newbies. It is more work though. :p (And probably more fun to figure it out yourself?) ;)

IAC, these are the artists/genres I've posted so far...

Bachata:
Leslie Grace - "Bachatica"
Rusher King / Maria Becerra - "Antes De Ti"

Cumbia:
Los Angeles Azules / Ana Torroja - "Me Cuesta Tanto"

Reggaeton:
Jota G - "Imaginate" - from Venezula, I think
Izzy La Reina - "La Oscuridad" - dunno much about her, but I liked this track & vid

Regional Mexican:
Matisse, Carin Leon - "Como Lo Hice Yo" - this is sort of a blend of soft rock and regional
Lukas Bloom - "Loco Por Amour"
Luis R Conriquez - "Me Meti En El Ruedo"
Los Del Limit - "Siendo Sincero"
Los Plebes del Rancho de Ariel Camacho / Christian Nodal - "2 Veces"
Majo Aguilar - "Que Bonito" / "Asi Es La Vida" / "No Voy A Llorar" (Dia de Muertos version)

I'm sorry I don't know the specific regional styles on all of the above.

Majo Aguilar may be a new face to some Latin and Regional music fans. But I believe she is one of the youngest and newest additions to the Aguilar family dynasty of artists (which also includes her cousin Angela). And she had some fairly good success recently with her original version of "No Voy A Llorar". I thought the makeup was sort of fun and interesting on the Dia de Muertos version though, so that's why I posted it instead.

I like some of Angela's tracks as well. But they can sometimes be a bit bracing on my poor aging ears. :D

Last edited:

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
And while this one by Luis Fonsi may have been a little overexposed it is still a great song:

JeffS7444

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If this doesn't make you want to move, you may be lacking a pulse!
Alvaro Soler - Sofia [Oovee Remix]

JustAnandaDourEyedDude

Lila Downs sings "La Sandunga"

Lila Downs sings "Cuando Me Tocas Tu" live

JustAnandaDourEyedDude

Isabel Pantoja sings "Por La Senal De La Cruz"

JustAnandaDourEyedDude

Isabel Leonard (mzzo) with Sharon Isbin (gtr) sings Manuel De Falla's "Polo" from his Seven Popular Songs

Isabel Leonard (mzzo) with Sharon Isbin (gtr) sings Manuel De Falla's "Romance de Don Boyso" from his Canciones Espanolas Antiguas

Last edited:

JustAnandaDourEyedDude

Marie-Josee Lord (sop) sings "Besame Mucho" of Consuelo Velasquez

Marie-Josee Lord (sop) sings "Granada" of Augustin Lara

Top Bottom