• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Latin music & artists

ADU

Major Contributor
Post and discuss Latin music and artists that you're listening to.

You may post as often as you like here. But if you are posting multiple videos or albums (for example), then I suggest putting each one in a separate post, to keep the page load times more manageable for the ASR members who may be on slower systems or connections.

I'm not a big fan of videos which contain alot of graphic violence and drug use as well. And would appreciate it if some discretion was used in posting this type of content. And if some type advisory was given when posting such adult-oriented material. I think pretty much anything else is fair game though. (?)

Last edited:

dougi

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I caught a movie called Elis a couple of years ago, about the Brazillian singer Elis Regina. Not all the music is my cup of tea, but I did buy the Elis Regina in London LP on the back of it a month ago.

Reactions: ADU
OP
A

ADU

Major Contributor
Also listening to "La Oscuridad" by Izzy La Reina. This contains mature content, and the genre is reggaeton.

MCH

Major Contributor
I caught a movie called Elis a couple of years ago, about the Brazillian singer Elis Regina. Not all the music is my cup of tea, but I did buy the Elis Regina in London LP on the back of it a month ago.
Brazilian music alone is a whole universe. If you haven't yet, try Caetano, Gilberto Gil, Gal Costa, etc etc etc all worth it

Juhazi

Major Contributor
Astor Piazzolla made wonderful compositions, and Latvian Gidon Kremer plays them fantastically!

20614797_so.jpg

About latin-pop we must not forget Linda Ronstadt's performances and recordings!

linda.jpg

and a bit more modern pop from Gaby Moreno https://www.youtube.com/c/officialgabymoreno/videos

a wonderful duet in Ricardo Arjona's song

Walter

Ronstadt's Spanish language albums are fantastic, (as are her albums with Nelson Riddle).

The first name I think of when I hear the term Latin Music is the late, great Vicente Fernández. Here's one of the better recorded examples I can find on YouTube :

Last edited:

Walter

The second one I thinkof is Banda El Recodo, but I never listen to them at home. They are a lot of fun live, or even recorded but in a club with plenty of beer, tequila, and women who can dance a whole lot better than I can. They've also been around for over 80 years, so the members today are not even the ones I'm familiar with.

Last edited:
Reactions: ADU
Top Bottom