• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

KEF's new Metamaterial Absorption Technology

Descartes

Major Contributor
One thing that makes all these reviews sound like marketing to me are these types of setups:

“....connected with Crystal Cable Standard Diamond balanced interconnects (XLR). $690 each, Amp and preamp were plugged into one of two Shunyata Research Venom power distributors $900....with a mix of Shunyata power cords. $1,900 Shunyata alpha v2 power cable”!!!

Fortunately true engineers like Amir are exposing the pseudo science of greedy cable companies!

steve59

Major Contributor
late to the party, I had the R105/3 for 25 years and the sibilance was un bearable with some components. I went through every $1500 amp I could find in the 90’s and they all pretty much all did the same. Finally I used a krell kav300il to drive the top with a B&K 4420 for bass and got control of the speakers. After reading the comments about the uniq driver I. Felt a need to sympathize 1, and 2. To say even with the gen 1 uniq there was a component out there that could grab it by the balls and make it behave. Now 31 years later listening to the 11 gen uniq, I’m glad they didn’t give up on the uniq despite the challenges. Very robust drivers also.

Count Arthur

Major Contributor
1631923646939.png

Top Bottom