• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Kef to announce new products?

stren

Forum Donor
Note that it says "Products.... at home and on the move." So multiple products and at least one is portable - maybe headphones or BT speaker?

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Whatever it is, the prices will be higher. At least here there is a lot of interest in combining the Uni-Core low frequency technology with a Uni-Q mid/high.

Last edited:

Gurkerl

Whatever it is, the prices will be higher. At least here there is a lot of interest in combining the Uni-Core low frequency technology with a Uni-Q mid/high.
Hoping for an R3 Meta so the used market gets swamped with original R3s :D

Ata

Forum Donor
LS50 was introduced for 50th anniversary so something called LS60 is my bet. But I'm going to win the LS50 wireless package giveaway, so I don't care.

Dips I called that first! :) Seriously though, half the month is gone and nothing announced or even hinted yet...

pierre

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I hope they will create a product good enough to compete with Genelec w371 and with a more waf friendly look: high output, excellent directivity, flat.
I don’t have too much hope for the price…

tecnogadget

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Kef, one of my favorite brands.:) They have good quality control in the production chain. It feels reassuring. Here's a little video about it, regarding the top models:

Yes but that quality control starts and ends with The Reference and Blades, anything else that is produced in China is just standard …and sometimes not even “fine”…

Ata

Forum Donor
Only a few days left in October now... hope it does not turn out to be all vapourware.

OP
Jukebox

Jukebox

Only a few days left in October now... hope it does not turn out to be all vapourware.
Not sure they will announce something this month... Most likely by the end of the year... Anticipation is growing on me however :)

stren

Forum Donor
The prize draw is open until nov 11th, so I doubt it will happen before then.

Descartes

Major Contributor
An 8 inch coaxial driver would not work. The woofer would interfere with the tweeter too a far greater degree than the 5 inch one. Better to set sights on the Ref 3, hopefully updated with the Meta treatment,.
They have their THX line ceiling speaker with an 8” driver!

steve59

Major Contributor
An 8 inch coaxial driver would not work. The woofer would interfere with the tweeter too a far greater degree than the 5 inch one. Better to set sights on the Ref 3, hopefully updated with the Meta treatment,.
Yea, it's amazing tannoy dares to stuff a tweeter into a 12 and 15'' woofer.

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Did they just leak the new product in the video...?
Kef LSX II
1636606680904.png

Previous LSX is:
KEF-LSX-Michael-Young-Speaker-Review-gear-patrol-slide-3.jpg

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Another cool video just got released from KEF. Something is cooking...;)

Kef is a great company. In total I did business with KEF for 7 years and it was a pleasure. (This post has been edited. I made a mistake on the years of KEF affiliation. Had a brain crossfire twice.) :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom