• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

KEF R6 meta Measurements and Review

I just don't like the idea of an LS50 as a center channel. It isn't going to keep up with your other speakers. Remember that the center has just as much or more demanding content pumped through it than your FL/FR.
Unless you are also a music listener too?

Onetrack97

I’m considering an R6 Meta as an upgrade to my center channel. Currently, I have a GoldenEar SuperCenter XL driven by a 200W monoblock.

It‘s in a Salimander cabinet so the GoldenEar passive radiators are not ideal. The cabinet has a 9.0” front opening, I could remove the glass, drop it in from the top, and have 10.0” height to work with.

No KEF dealers in my area have any Metas in stock.

The other speaker that is a possibility is the Paradigm Foundation 90C. It’s about $3k and big but will just fit in my space.

Does anyone have experience with the Paradigm or seen any detailed test data.

I hate to buy a speaker without listening to it but I might.

No_hair_left

Be interesting to see how to the r2 meta compares to the r6 in measurement, I recently demo'd an r6 against my r2 at home and after an eq I couldn't tell the difference. The r6 semed to be a touch louder at the same level but not much so.

Top Bottom