• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

KEF Blade 2 Meta review by Erin's Audio Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
You got concerns about his review, you say them.
I have expressed my views. Others stated it before I did. And folks told him he had no business complaining. So I defended his right.
You leave what you think his motivations and intentions are out of it - that is the proper code of conduct in my view.
You don't know anything about code of conduct or you would be polite to your host. How the heck you all live your life being so rude and obnoxious this way?

I run a site here which has at is cornerstone the fact that it is not commercialized. Every time some of you post Erin's videos here, he monetizes that traffic. On other forums, when a person is recognized as such and banned, they will not allow any linking to his content. I not only allow that but you want me to take orders from you as well?

I am going to sleep on this but tomorrow will make a decision to ban any links to Erin's site or videos. I am tired of dealing with the few of you acting so entitled in this regard.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
A public video of Erin bad mouthing Amir? Do you have a link?
He took it down. I have had a lot of people complain about me. But never, ever have I seen so much vitriol from someone as Erin did in that video. It was 10 to 15 minutes of non-stop name calling. I saw @napilopez commenting in his video and agreeing with him. As did Gene from Audioholics. He created a nice little hate fest.

We gave him his start. Help him get on the map. I helped him get up to speed with his Klippel, both in the forum and through getting him the same speaker to test as to calibrate his testing. He then used our site to get his funding going. Posted many sponsored links. Posted about his gofundme. If there was a way to beg for money, he tried it on our back. Like you, he had a strong sense of self-entitlement. I owed it to him. Why? Because he is measuring speakers. So surely he deserves it.

As I have said, him measuring speakers is fantastic. But everything else he does stinks in my book. You want to defend him? Go do it elsewhere. I am tired of the few of campaigning for him at every turn with zero sensibility and respect to what has happened. Your value system is not aligned with mine.

holdingpants01

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
If his content will be banned here I'll just delete my account, keep in mind we are actually in the thread about his review of the speakers which are arguably currently the most interesting as far as passive design go. Loosing his content is probably shoot in both own and his foot.

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
He took it down. I have had a lot of people complain about me. But never, ever have I seen so much vitriol from someone as Erin did in that video. It was 10 to 15 minutes of non-stop name calling. I saw @napilopez commenting in his video and agreeing with him. As did Gene from Audioholics. He created a nice little hate fest..
Oh wow. I was not aware of that. Talk about code of conduct... That is very unexpected and unfortunate, to say the least.

Keith_W

Major Contributor
So much arguing, personally I look at the data from multiple measurements and reviews and then go listen for myself before purchasing any speakers or electronics!

Time to pull this out again:

1711964854752.png

OP
thewas

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
In retrospective of this threat, two remarks from me:

We all should try to be as careful as possible when criticising others as when it the critic isn't bullet proof it will rather leave a shadow on us.

For the subjective parts of the reviews it is helpful to have heard few of the reviewed loudspeakers ourselves as this we can see how well the perception and preference of the reviewer matches ours, of course in the end only an audition in our own room can give us the complete security.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Just recently comparing LS60s (sealed) to LS50‘s here, ( the only ported loudspeaker I have here ) given the usual caveats of placement the ported 50’s do sound noticeably looser in the lower frequencies.
The Blades are also a ported ( two in fact) obviously there are other differences between the two speakers baffle width, sifferent Un—Q iterations.
Could the porting alone be a significant factor in the sound quality?
Keith

Shadrach

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I would like to be able to say I'm surprised at the lack of respect shown to our host, but I'm not.
He's invested a lot of money and time in this site which we all benefit from free of charge.
He tolerates a lot more than many site owners I know of. The site I spend most of my net time on doesn't allow the posting of outside links to sites that are seen as competition, let alone personal attacks on the host.

pjn

I wouldn't put Erin in the same category as ASR. ASR reviews show the data without having to digest a ton of subjective comments or trying to scroll past them. It gets right to the point. ASR doesn't sugar coat reviews. There are just as many poorly rated products as acclaimed. ASR lets readers vote as well. That's an amazing resource. For Erin his subscribers and vendor relationships are his income. That's not the situation at ASR. Erin's format is much closer to a standard YouTube influencer than the ASR model. It's totally different. Just because someone buys a Kippel doesn't indicate the business model avoids pressures that come from trying to make income from being an influencer.
I find his reviews honest and sincere - monetizing them is the way he helps fund his work. And it IS work! If he wouldn't buy something, he usually says so, if not you can read between the lines.

Keith_W

Major Contributor
Just recently comparing LS60s (sealed) to LS50‘s here, ( the only ported loudspeaker I have here ) given the usual caveats of placement the ported 50’s do sound noticeably looser in the lower frequencies.
The Blades are also a ported ( two in fact) obviously there are other differences between the two speakers baffle width, sifferent Un—Q iterations.
Could the porting alone be a significant factor in the sound quality?
Keith

I hate ports! Here is an older thread on ASR that discusses ports. The port alone would be enough to dissuade me from this speaker. Before I consider purchasing mine, I would need to know KEF's opinion about plugging the ports. Yes, I know it will change the roll-off and bass extension of the speaker, which is why they are there in the first place.

The main reason I hate ports is because that out of phase wave that comes out the port will make it very difficult for proper integration with a subwoofer. Not to mention, all the usual room boundary issues.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
The ‘ported’ sound of the LS50’s is very familiar if you are an older ( ie me) listener, I can see how it might be preferred if you have grown up with that sound and how the sealed 60’s might seem too tight in comparison.
A Blade/LS60 direct comparison is something I am in the process of arranging.
Keith

prestigetone

It’s hard to see the whole picture without this video in question. I’m not saying Erin didn’t bash Amir but I find that usually squabbles are never 90/10 they’re almost always closer to 50/50 in terms of responsibility on both sides. That being said if you’re going to ban his video reviews then I’d say having dealers on here with links to their website/products shoudn’t be allowed either. They have bias and monetize every comment they make in that sense.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
It’s hard to see the whole picture without this video in question. I’m not saying Erin didn’t bash Amir but I find that usually squabbles are never 90/10 they’re almost always closer to 50/50 in terms of responsibility on both sides.

You have no idea what you are talking about in this case.

I'm going to close this thread until we figure out how we want to navigate this going forward.

Folks should be careful when choosing to publicly burn down bridges, and those who defend them might want to show more circumspection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom