• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I've got a mentor for the repair :) Appreciated :) Sorry, I just got home it's past midnight, I will respond in details tomorrow. Yep, plenty of space in the shed to lay the components on a table
Looks like a nice meter and the probes are good for general purpose probing of thru hole PCBs. :D

catch22

Forum Donor
@Doodski since the posts related to this repair may be spread over time, it will be easier to track if we continue in the dedicated topic
And if of any help to somebody in the future:
see you there, thanks!

Overseas

Major Contributor
Told you about same thing.

OP
TheBatsEar

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Told you about same thing.

If you think this is the same problem @catch22 has, i don't think so.

The A-S1000 and higher have a relay that basically bypasses treble and bass if they are at zero. Once you turn them away from zero, the relay switches and another path is used for the signal. A fair solution. I would have preferred a source direct switch, you could fast switch back and forth between the settings.

Anyway, the A-S700 has the switch and doesn't use relays for bypassing treble and bass.

catch22

Forum Donor
If you think this is the same problem @catch22 has, i don't think so.

The A-S1000 and higher have a relay that basically bypasses treble and bass if they are at zero. Once you turn them away from zero, the relay switches and another path is used for the signal. A fair solution. I would have preferred a source direct switch, you could fast switch back and forth between the settings.

Anyway, the A-S700 has the switch and doesn't use relays for bypassing treble and bass.
That auto-activation of bypass was someone else's problem, I just summoned you to help LOL
But I wish one day this auto-activation will become also my "problem" - I mean I hope I will upgrade one day from A-S700 to A-S1200 :)
You are lucky in Germany, there are so many good deals on your local kleinen-something-website For Ireland it is much more difficult.

Overseas

Major Contributor
I am talking about Steph AS1200 issue from that topic.
I checked it for AS1100 and AS2200, the same.
If Catch explanation is right, I am not sure, but sounds plausible.
So the subject is not the zero position, it is different.

Last edited:
Top Bottom