• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Streamer / DAC combo with PEQ and Loudness

Nutul

Moode Spotify client is not using CamillaDSP volume control even when configured system-wide. Difficulty level: unknown
moOde is integrating Camilla 2.0, but then again, since the renderer is librespot, it is hard to say whether it will, or not, be using it or not.

phofman

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Moode Spotify client is not using CamillaDSP volume control even when configured system-wide. Difficulty level: unknown
Please what does that exactly mean? Why should moode use the complicated CDSP volume control via websockets?

OP
M

maver1ck

Please what does that exactly mean? Why should moode use the complicated CDSP volume control via websockets?
Moode is already using it when chosen in settings. But this option doesn’t work with Spotify client.

Reason: ability to use CamillaDSP Loudness filter

mdsimon2

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just my 2 cents, all of the RPi based streaming distros kind of suck. Better off with a commercial streamer (Wiim, AppleTV, etc) and a vanilla RPi distro (Raspberry Pi Lite, Ubuntu Server) running CamillaDSP connected to your DAC. Even better if your DAC is an audio interface or something like the Okto that can act as both a capture and playback device on CamillaDSP, although a cheap TOSLINK to USB device can be used as a capture device if needed.

Commercial streamers are more polished and stable and with a stand-alone CamillaDSP implementation you have complete control over CamillaDSP.

Michael

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Summary of experiments.
None of RPi solutions can fulfill my needs.

Volumio needs upgrade of CamillaDSP to 2.0 (and upgrade of underlying system to bookworm). Difficulty level: hard

All the systems are quite unstable.
Drop of connections, problems with steering Spotify from touch screen. This is normal.
WiiM is rock solid in comparison.

I think I need to wait few months and come back to this topic.
I suggest you look at Roon.

Top Bottom