• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How to Support Audio Science Review

Svet

Forum Donor
Thank you so much for the donation. THe process is manual and sometimes it is hard for me to track a donation to a member. I just upgraded your title. What mechanism did you use for the donation?
Hi, using PayPal

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I upped my donation ($100) and my status has not changed. Through PayPal. Perhaps the change is not instant?

steve59

Major Contributor
went from op straight to here. isn't venmo free?

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
As a new member eagerly reading and trying to absorb all the talented expertise on offer. Thanks for the hard work and dedication.

‘I donated via PayPal as a supporter today.

I have looked/searched but am unable to find any Table or Key for the meaning of the various Panthers used in product reviews. Could you please point me in the right direction where I can enlighten my mind? Thank you kindly for your help.

Last edited:

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
As a new member eagerly reading and trying to absorb all the talented expertise on offer. Thanks for the hard work and dedication.

‘I donated via PayPal as a supporter today.

I have looked/searched but am unable to find any Table or Key for the meaning of the various Panthers used in product reviews. Could you please point me in the right direction where I can enlighten my mind? Thank you kindly for your help.

Headless panther is the engineer's mom should have had an abortion.

1609899959203.png

'Meh' panther is 'If you have it, keep it. but don't buy it'

1609900018862.png

Maestro panther is 'It's nice but too expensive imo'

1609900139332.png

knocking it out of the park panther is self explanatory (must buy if it does what you want and you have the money)

1609900247228.png

Playful/Wondering panther is either 'decent niche device' or 'it checks all the boxes'

1609900383260.png

1609900458207.png

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
@abdo123
You missed a few...

Shrugging Panther:
- Given to questionable-performing products
- Used much more than the Postman Shrugging Panther you mentioned.
1609904375489.png

Soccer Panther:
- Given to top-tier products, that are highly recommended
- Equivalent to Golfing Panther, but for European products
1609904225741.png

Piggybank Panther:
- For snake-oil products
- Avoid purchasing this product
1609904184179.png

Pewter Panther:
- Possibly piggybank panther's cousin?
- Avoid purchasing this product
1609904270649.png

Saluting-Soldier Panther:
- Back in the day, he was equivalent to Soccer/Golfing panther.
- But he hasn't been seen in a while, leading many speculate he's retired in the countryside.
1609904443792.png

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
HI @amirm when the "Forum Donor" status expires is there a reminder of that or is this all automatic and no email or prompt to renew?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
HI @amirm when the "Forum Donor" status expires is there a reminder of that or is this all automatic and no email or prompt to renew?
I don't know as I have not donated to myself. :) I see people renewing so I am assuming they got a reminder. Anyone who has donated in the past can comment on this?

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I just upped my membership because I had a few extra $ on hand. I have no idea if there is a reminder or not.

anmpr1

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'll be leaving the ASR community for various reasons. But before I leave I want to encourage everyone posting here, or just lurking, to contribute something. For those who have not sent money I'll remind you that you'll not find anything audio related of this depth and consistency, anywhere else. The best way to think of it would be like a magazine subscription. Compare... the often worthless Stereophile charges ten bucks for a digital subscription. The all the time worthless Absolute Sound charges thirteen. ASR, in context, should be worth at least twenty dollars a year, minimum.

On my way out the door I'd like to thank our fearless leader for slugging away day in and day out. I don't know how he does it. And of course all the folks I've met at ASR who have taught me much about the hobby. I thought I knew a lot already, until I came here. I'd list all your names, but you know who you are.

For my part, I've just gotten too old. I will not buy anymore gear (hopefully!) and I have all the music I could possibly want in my collection. It's time to think about other things.

FWIW, my current gear consists of amplification designed by David Hafler and Ed Laurent from 1960, and the latest and greatest from Benchmark. The latter provides ten times the electrical sophistication of the former, but I can't say I enjoy it ten times more. They both serve their purpose. I leave it to others to wait for something ten times better than the Benchmark.

Anyhow, to everyone here, keep up the good fight. And take care. Remember to laugh (or at least smile) each day. I wish you all the best.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I'll be leaving the ASR community for various reasons. But before I leave I want to encourage everyone posting here, or just lurking, to contribute something. For those who have not sent money I'll remind you that you'll not find anything audio related of this depth and consistency, anywhere else. The best way to think of it would be like a magazine subscription. Compare... the often worthless Stereophile charges ten bucks for a digital subscription. The all the time worthless Absolute Sound charges thirteen. ASR, in context, should be worth at least twenty dollars a year, minimum.

On my way out the door I'd like to thank our fearless leader for slugging away day in and day out. I don't know how he does it. And of course all the folks I've met at ASR who have taught me much about the hobby. I thought I knew a lot already, until I came here. I'd list all your names, but you know who you are.

For my part, I've just gotten too old. I will not buy anymore gear (hopefully!) and I have all the music I could possibly want in my collection. It's time to think about other things.

FWIW, my current gear consists of amplification designed by David Hafler and Ed Laurent from 1960, and the latest and greatest from Benchmark. The latter provides ten times the electrical sophistication of the former, but I can't say I enjoy it ten times more. They both serve their purpose. I leave it to others to wait for something ten times better than the Benchmark.

Anyhow, to everyone here, keep up the good fight. And take care. Remember to laugh (or at least smile) each day. I wish you all the best.
It's been good having you here @anmpr1 you will be missed. Take care.

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

I (and I am sure there are many more) will miss your knowledge and commentary. I being relatively new here (and finally to be in a place to have a stable enough signal to be on here regularly) will miss the input of your knowledge and commentary. Especially related to LP reproduction. The only things in my system newer than my NAD 2200's are my oppo UHD 205 and my BluDento (which I plan to use after I put my LP's & CD's onto my computer (that is if I like the sound of them once I start doing that).
Thank you so much for all your input.
May you have calm seas and the wind at your back.

AnodizedBear

Just wanted to say thanks for your review on the Klipsch R-41M and JBL Stage A130. I was considering buying the Klipsch on special, but couldn't quantify the value or quality of my potential purchase. I've signed up to support your efforts.

Bernd

Forum Donor
hello Amir, I made a one time contribution 2 days ado - but I cannot see any status change in my profile. Could please check that. Keep up your excellent work. Thanks to you and the members of the forum I was able to seriously 'decrappify my system and sell a lot of snake-oil items.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Yes, sorry the process is manual. I have to see the paypal email notifications, search for the member alias and then upgrade their title. Sometimes I miss them in all the emails I get, other times it takes me a while to take action.

Top Bottom