• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How to Support Audio Science Review

jmhannam

Hi Amir. I became a senior supporter via method #2 on 10/28/21 and I assume Paypal no longer automatically notifies you. Anyway, I agree with the expressions of gratitude previously offered by so many others. The late Peter Aczel of "The Audio Critic" was my first exposure to an honest source of reliable information about home audio, written for people like myself who have an interest but who lack an engineering or technical background. His publication ended with his death, but ASR is, for me, the perfect successor!

PurdueDeep

Forum Donor
Hi Amir. I became a senior supporter via method #2 on 10/28/21 and I assume Paypal no longer automatically notifies you. Anyway, I agree with the expressions of gratitude previously offered by so many others. The late Peter Aczel of "The Audio Critic" was my first exposure to an honest source of reliable information about home audio, written for people like myself who have an interest but who lack an engineering or technical background. His publication ended with his death, but ASR is, for me, the perfect successor!
Damn. Big Compliment. Yeah I'd recommend addressing this to the wider community(as well). And as someone, now educated, just carry the torch forward and be nice to all the new people!

Some audio space terms like `WAF` need to die a cold death and feel free to tag me if you are shutting down someone for talking like that :). This community thrives not purely because of smart members, but because our members' love and respect for audio and the people who enjoy it. So let's keep the love up!

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
@amirm can we get a forum "donor badge" for @jmhannam if he is a senior supporter? :D

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Thank you so much for the kind words and donation. I finally found the root cause of upgrades not working automatically and fixed it. So in the future it should be automatic.

mdunjic

Hi Amir
Just donated $50 US via PayPal. See attached.
However, it doesn’t show on my forum avatar that I am paid member supporter
Best
Milos

Attachments

• F74C5DC5-5B4A-4A32-96DA-C4B2E465C284.jpeg
    F74C5DC5-5B4A-4A32-96DA-C4B2E465C284.jpeg
    86.3 KB · Views: 88

Yogi42

Just sent you $50. I screwed up the first transaction hopefully the second worked please acknowledgment thanks
Yogi42

Last edited:

dixon

Just popping in to say I love the reviews. Picked up a pair of Aeon Closed, JBL 305PKMII's and the 789 Drop Amp based primiarly on your reviews.

valkus

Hi I just supported the ASR, this is absolutely incredible ressource that completely changed my perception of HiFi industry and audiophile community. Thumbs up.

A small joke: buying used equipment on the french site I met on guy who does independent measurements and publishes his results here, so no blah blah, the conversation was very simple and transaction was done extremely fast.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
How can I see when my annual support is expiring?
The notification should be automatic. Alas, I upgraded the title for many members during the time it was not automatically working and those are not expiring. Appreciate you donating again if it has been more than a year. :)

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The notification should be automatic.
I never received a notification and figured out I was due by looking at my first post date...
The 'renew' notification probably gets into a spam basket or mistakenly gets deleted.
Would it be proper to also notify user by the ASR mail system (private conversation clicky)?

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The notification should be automatic. Alas, I upgraded the title for many members during the time it was not automatically working and those are not expiring. Appreciate you donating again if it has been more than a year. :)
I have just paid $50 via PayPal for 2nd level support. Should I see a different notice on my profile than the Forum Donor I was seeing when I was only a 1st level supporter?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I have just paid $50 via PayPal for 2nd level support. Should I see a different notice on my profile than the Forum Donor I was seeing when I was only a 1st level supporter?
There is only one banner for all levels of upgrades. But internally there are multiple levels as you noticed and I just set yours to second level. Appreciate the support.

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
There is only one banner for all levels of upgrades. But internally there are multiple levels as you noticed and I just set yours to second level. Appreciate the support.
Thank you for this and thank you for creating ASR.

May I suggest that you create multiple banners for each support/payment level. And, make the banners in Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum type/colour. I worked in advertising most of my professional life and experienced that most people are vein and they like to show of. This may help you to get more funds in.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Thank you for this and thank you for creating ASR.

May I suggest that you create multiple banners for each support/payment level.
Yes, @amirm >> Thank you for creating and making ASR a great place to hang.
Ummmm... @sarumbear >> May I suggest that you don't suggest such a tiered-system for ASR?
Remembering StarTrek's McCoy statement "Damn it Jim! I'm just an ordinary country doctor!" << anything else becomes excess!

Reactions: EJ3

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, @amirm >> Thank you for creating and making ASR a great place to hang.
Ummmm... @sarumbear >> May I suggest that you don't suggest such a tiered-system for ASR?
Remembering StarTrek's McCoy statement "Damn it Jim! I'm just an ordinary country doctor!" << anything else becomes excess!
I’m afraid already did :)

Joke aside, I was simply making a suggestion from a lifetime experience that everyone is vein to a degree and this can be used to attract more funds. Idealism doesn’t pay bills.

It is just a suggestion.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm up to $50.00 per year support for ASR and don't think I would like to see "rank" when donating. I like it the way it is. To have "rank" suggests some are more worthy than others. I have had comments regarding my comments quantity and likes as if I have admin powers and receive preferential treatment. It needs to be made clear for peeps that we are not using such a system and to have "rank" according to monetary contributions exacerbates that issue I think.

Top Bottom