• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How to Support Audio Science Review

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
@amirm you should enable some not too offensive generic ad on your website to help cover the cost of running ASR. So long these ads don't affect review outcome, I think most member will be OK with it.

That would be my last day on the job.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor

I think it would change the very nature of the place.

I know how reluctant our host is to encourage anything but voluntary donations from those who can see enough value to reach into their own pockets to help support 'the cause'.

He has rejected the idea of sponsored links, or even promoting the line of 'bling,' from sweatshirts to mugs he has because he just doesn't want to even appear on any level to be grubbing for cash. How many even know they could get an ASR mug?

PXL_20231020_134150686.MP_copy_891x1030.jpg

I honestly hope he is making a mountain of money from this site, as I believe he has added a lot of value to this industry and has saved a lot of people a lot of money.

But, if advertising entered that loop somehow, I would feel like the part I signed up to play (this is a volunteer job for Adam and me for anyone who doesn't realize that) would be better played by someone else.

I don't see it ever happening, but since you asked. ;)

D

Deleted member 48726

I think it would change the very nature of the place.

I know how reluctant our host is to encourage anything but voluntary donations from those who can see enough value to reach into their own pockets to help support 'the cause'.

He has rejected the idea of sponsored links, or even promoting the line of 'bling,' from sweatshirts to mugs he has because he just doesn't want to even appear on any level to be grubbing for cash. How many even know they could get an ASR mug?

View attachment 320145

I honestly hope he is making a mountain of money from this site, as I believe he has added a lot of value to this industry and has saved a lot of people a lot of money.

But, if advertising entered that loop somehow, I would feel like the part I signed up to play (this is a volunteer job for Adam and me for anyone who doesn't realize that) would be better played by someone else.

I don't see it ever happening, but since you asked. ;)
Yeah yeah blah blah. How do I get the cup??:p

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Yeah yeah blah blah. How do I get the cup??:p

@amirm , have you still got that link? Sorry boss... He asked. :cool:

thecheapseats

Addicted to Fun and Learning

@amirm , have you still got that link? Sorry boss... He asked. :cool:
I never order merch stuff from internet clowns... : )

jim1274

Forum Donor
I read through first 5 pages of the thread and have a question not answered by at least page 5—decided to just ask instead—is there a way to make a donation specifically to recognize a member who has gone above the “call of duty”? I’m new to the forum, and have received invaluable help through a thread and private messages, and would like to acknowledge him specifically. Not to say others have not been very helpful, but this was exemplary.

Seems you had PayPal issues, but fixed by page 5, so ok to do it that way now?

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I read through first 5 pages of the thread and have a question not answered by at least page 5—decided to just ask instead—is there a way to make a donation specifically to recognize a member who has gone above the “call of duty”? I’m new to the forum, and have received invaluable help through a thread and private messages, and would like to acknowledge him specifically. Not to say others have not been very helpful, but this was exemplary.

How about you make your donation and just name the person here?
We will then acknowledge their contribution, which you may or may not describe in detail, with a few warm words of our own. :)

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

Paypal is working now so no issues there. As to rewarding others, we don't have a mechanism for that. You are of course welcome to send money to helpful member Contact them to get their email address and send them the money. Note that some of our great members refuse to even accept special titles from me so may refuse to accept such.

jim1274

Forum Donor
How about you make your donation and just name the person here?
We will then acknowledge their contribution, which you may or may not describe in detail, with a few warm words of our own. :)
Already did the donation. Maybe better not to single one person out since many have now been helpful?

jim1274

Forum Donor
Paypal is working now so no issues there. As to rewarding others, we don't have a mechanism for that. You are of course welcome to send money to helpful member Contact them to get their email address and send them the money. Note that some of our great members refuse to even accept special titles from me so may refuse to accept such.
Donation already done. I did offer that member, but would not accept.

Ghostofmerlin

Forum Donor
I am so bloody happy that I found this site before I bought a lot of crap, because if there was ever anyone on this earth that would fall for expensive speaker cables and connects, it is me. Not to mention overpriced amps, speakers and digital crapola. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I’ll be donating something.

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
if there was ever anyone on this earth that would fall for expensive speaker cables and connects, it is me
You are not alone. I believed the 90ies magazines ... :facepalm:

Top Bottom