• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How to Support Audio Science Review

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I wonder how Russian members (if any??) would be able to handle donations to ASR.:eek:
They probably can't.
I think Amir said somewhere that he is good in terms of money, so donations are more a token of our appreciation than needed to keep the lights on.
The people in Russia may have to use words to show their appreciation.:cool:

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Can 'we' get that $tricken-off the record... $omehow?:facepalm:
I think it should be mentioned more often. It means Amir doesn't have to take monetary "donations" from the industry.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The myopic-me was thinking that peeps did not need another excuse to skip donations... Like pretending to be from Russia!:eek:

Yum!!!!

RPzaHs3.jpg
Yum Yummi Indeed,, Amirm.. :) One of the probably most imortant things in Life Is To take time to as a human beeeing Having Fun, Pleasure, Happieness beeing HaPPy...... :)

eric tee

Is there any chance, You could add Mastercard payment. For the supporting element of this very intresting site?
As an older man, those options You now provide. Are not in my reach.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Is there any chance, You could add Mastercard payment. For the supporting element of this very intresting site?
As an older man, those options You now provide. Are not in my reach.
If you go to PayPal you can choose to pay with credit card.

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If you go to PayPal you can choose to pay with credit card.
Also PayPal is very safe and quick to solve disputes.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
ASR is the home i never had and i feel Amir is a brother in crime or like a second mother or something, so i sent the money as "Friends and Family", but Paypal took $3.99 (2.6%) anyway. :oops:
That was a quiet policy change by PayPal. First the force my account to be commercial and then take away the option for friends and family transfer. So for a year or so they have been taking their fees.

JayGilb

Major Contributor
Also, I would like to give my best congrats, to the decision not to use ad`s on this site. Either You agree or desagree on the way, this site work`s . But at least this could be one of the most open audio-sentric site, on it`s own.

-JT
Yes I agree, if I were to ever see an advertisement on ASR, that would be the last time I visit.

eric tee

Yes I agree, if I were to ever see an advertisement on ASR, that would be the last time I visit.
Absolutely Yes. I am very tired, of this new culture of, so called "rewievs". That is in reality, pure marketing. But not so pure.
Without releaving connections, to sellers (or other connections). Most of those so called reviews, are complete garbage. "This device is absolutely AMAZING", again and again. That`s a lot of, to be amazed.

I have had different audio stuff, from 70`s. Music first in my mind. In the pretty tight budget mostly. What a waste of hard earned cash, peaple have spent. For rubbish. Including myself.

CleanSound

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@amirm you should enable some not too offensive generic ad on your website to help cover the cost of running ASR. So long these ads don't affect review outcome, I think most member will be OK with it.

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
@amirm you should enable some not too offensive generic ad on your website to help cover the cost of running ASR. So long these ads don't affect review outcome, I think most member will be OK with it.
Oh hell no! Slippery slope that would eventually introduce some form of conflict of interest and taint all of the hard work Amir has put into this site and community. The total and complete lack of any Advertising and/or Commercial Endorsements/Entanglements is what sets ASR in a unique and separate category.

CleanSound

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Oh hell no! Slippery slope that would eventually introduce some form of conflict of interest and taint all of the hard work Amir has put into this site and community. The total and complete lack of any Advertising and/or Commercial Endorsements/Entanglements is what sets ASR in a unique and separate category.
I totally understand, I was referring more to generic google ads that's not HiFi related. Just a way to help cover the cost of operations or at least the shipping of equipment loans for testing.

But yes, it can be a slippery slope if unchecked.

JSmith

Master Contributor
Not that this is a vote... but if it was I vote no. It is a pleasure to come to a site that doesn't have banner ad's top and sides etc.

The revenue drawn from those is very minimal as well compared to the annoyance it causes site visitors. Also if internet bandwidth is poor in a given area, ad's slow everything down. 2c

JSmith

G|force

Forum Donor
It's been a while since I've contributed and then it was via a personal check sent snail mail.
I wish there was a phone number or an iCloud email I could send Apple Pay to.
The PP window auto loads from ASR and shows Apple Pay as an option but the button doesn't do anything with this browser. :-(

Top Bottom