• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How do you know if it can sound better?

Kvalsvoll

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Audio Company
The old Beatles albums I love purely for the music but I can see how they could be a reference. I was introduced to Chesky through his Stereo Review album, which is great as it gives a descriptive of what to listen for and talks about where and how it was recorded (which I think someone mentioned earlier was important if you are looking for reference). I then went on to listen to a lot of his recordings and was surprised at the difference good recording and mastering techniques had on what I was listening to. The Review album seems much harder to get these days, I have not found it on any streaming platforms.
Buy Chesky directly from their site chesky.com, seems they have pulled all content from streaming platforms. I get their news update mails occasionally.

Bleib

Major Contributor
I know that when it comes to dynamics and truly deep bas I can do better than what I have now. But it comes at a great cost.
Perhaps even lower distorsion also adds a form of calmness to the sound.

Top Bottom