• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

how can spinorama csv data show with zoom possible to see diffrences in bass range better ?

OP
B

bennybbbx

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Do some research! The information is right there!

i look at all working links, all can in germany not buy. in germany there is on music shop often hofa or thoman, which have the most. but all have no product specification, sometimes stand > 0.9 at 600 hz. but no bass values in germany it is fordidden to offer wrong data . more strict "wettbewerbsrecht" (competition law), maybe this is the reason that all that show damping data in bass traps can not buy in germany on music shops

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
you choose the bass value. for bass this is a good value. 20% less each reflection. in 5 reflection should 0 therotic if all is damped.
Even such a oversimplified approach would be true (which it isn't) it would be not 0, but still 32,7 % after 5 reflections (0,8^5)

Curvature

Major Contributor
i look at all working links, all can in germany not buy. in germany there is on music shop often hofa or thoman, which have the most. but all have no product specification, sometimes stand > 0.9 at 600 hz. but no bass values in germany it is fordidden to offer wrong data . more strict "wettbewerbsrecht" (competition law), maybe this is the reason that all that show damping data in bass traps can not buy in germany on music shops
Look, it's fairly obvious you don't take the time to read or do research and resort to guessing and poor "logic".

A lot of the relevant acoustical research in the books I listed was done in Germany, like in the Fraunhofer Institute. You can look up their papers if reading English is a problem.

In one minute of Googling I found a decent true bass trap made in Germany: https://www.mbakustik.de/produkt/bassfalle-b500b600/ I'm sure there are more. Germany has a serious history in audio, and its speaker/headphone/electronics companies are among the best in the world. It should not be hard to get everything you need.

Stop being so stubborn and admit to yourself that you don't understand and that you made purchasing mistakes. Wasting money and making bad decisions is fine. Fixing them and your intellectual behaviour is more important. Most of the people on this forum have done the same, and walked the same path.

OP
B

bennybbbx

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Even such a oversimplified approach would be true (which it isn't) it would be not 0, but still 32,7 % after 5 reflections (0,8^5)

yes, i notice that too after i post that it is not 0. but anyways 0.2 damping is alot. and it should only explain that.

1. 80%
2. 64%
3. 51%
4. 40.8%
5. 32.64%

with 0.2 after 3. reflection it is near 6 db less. it need not be perfect it need only enough that brain can better clear detect the direct sound.
Look, it's fairly obvious you don't take the time to read or do research and resort to guessing and poor "logic".

then look at the thoman page products or hofa page products and tell me which damping it have at 80 hz. https://hofa-akustik.de/?utm_medium...dachmarke&utm_campaign=dach-kachel-akustik-de

A lot of the relevant acoustical research in the books I listed was done in Germany, like in the Fraunhofer Institute. You can look up their papers if reading English is a problem.

maybe you understand wrong . i mean measure results of the in germany available basstraps not general audio science . i have read enough, you should not see this only theoretic. which speakers you have ?. have you a half open guitar speaker with celestion and other speakers so you can compare ?. when use testsines in half open guitar speaker of 80 hz i hear clear it can locate much better as with my other speakers. it sound much better when play juggs and more. i have record impulses of my speaker of course but for play testsines FR is not important. just use a level meter that both speakers output same level

and it is clear hearable on same position the half open guitar speaker sound good hearable diffrent to my other speakers on sine tones if close the bass port or not. nobody should believe that really know when read books. you only really know if you as me have at least a half open guitar speaker or even more better a dipole speaker, so you can hear with own ears how the room reverb sound diffrent on this speaker types. it is also need that ears work ok. Since i treatet room the guitar speaker sound even more better in bass

i need no basstraps, the decay of the room modes is shorter (because they are higer begin level) here you can see with 1/12 smoothing rt 60. i have only measure in my hear volume. other doesnt matter for me. or do you really think basstraps can help in this good rt 60 ?

focal 1_12 rt 60 decay.jpg

important are the results. basotect give great results, it damp the bass very good and is not much worser as high freq. but still boom bass problems and modes at 80 hz

In one minute of Googling I found a decent true bass trap made in Germany: https://www.mbakustik.de/produkt/bassfalle-b500b600/ I'm sure there are more. Germany has a serious history in audio, and its speaker/headphone/electronics companies are among the best in the world. It should not be hard to get everything you need.

ah yes is see that but the result with basstraps look much worser as my results. did you not notice that bass decay time is much larger with this basstrap as with my screenshot ?. but intresting is the basstraps also do not change the room mode level

strange is also the diagram on this page there stand effect on basstrap B650. In this diagram is not list how much basstraps they use. 1 cost 840 EUr. for this money you can buy 25 qm 5 cm basotect . i guess 25 qm damp even more in bass as such a small area basstrap. that reduce in corner have more effect is logical, because some waves that reach the corner are reflect that they reach the text corner and if in corner stand something with 40 cm it can happen that many waves are reflect and stay in the foam and reach other side and are reflect again

I do many test by position the foam. I notice only the mass count. where the plates are is not so important for bass because the waves are reflect many times.

Last edited:
Top Bottom