• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Hifiman Sundara + cables

Ole_S

Hi guys,

HifiMan Sundara is very popular - no doubt about it. Therefore, I think that many users can benefit from this thread.

HifiMan is known for adding bad cables, especially for the cheaper headphones. Including Sundara.

Which cables do you use for your HifiMan Sundara?
Both Unbalanced and Balanced.

Hope you will participate in this thread so that all HifiMan Sundara users can benefit from these inputs.

Thanks in advance.

OP
O

Ole_S

Nobody wants to participate?
The more people who participate, the more benefits we will achieve.

Thank you.

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Sundara uses 2x3.5mm cable, like almost all other Hifiman headphones. It is not a hard to drive headphone either - 40mW gets you to 110db SPL so balanced cable would be quite likely unnecessary in most situations as well. So all in all you are looking for a 2x3.5mm to 3.5mm cable, of which there is plenty. Any decent cable would be fine. I use Faaeal branded cable I got from Amazon for cheap. If you are looking for something nicer https://hartaudiocables.com/ can be of help.

OP
O

Ole_S

Sundara uses 2x3.5mm cable, like almost all other Hifiman headphones. It is not a hard to drive headphone either - 40mW gets you to 110db SPL so balanced cable would be quite likely unnecessary in most situations as well. So all in all you are looking for a 2x3.5mm to 3.5mm cable, of which there is plenty. Any decent cable would be fine. I use Faaeal branded cable I got from Amazon for cheap. If you are looking for something nicer https://hartaudiocables.com/ can be of help.
Thank you for replying.

Haider

Canare L-4E6S but I don't think that the OEM cable is bad. Mine doesn't want to coil up and it's a nice thich rubbery cable...

mmmdc

OpenHeart on AliExpress makes good, affordable cables.

HartAudio if you want something a bit nicer but still very reasonably priced.

RoA

Sorry but what ecactly is wrong with the original cable?

pimy

For my Sundara I use a Ninja balanced cable, excellent quality

Top Bottom