• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Using TV as my music/movie streamer

OP
O

Ole_S

The cheapest solution might be, since I have the tablet:

Tablet --> Qudelix K5 --> Headphone.

Elitzur–Vaidman

Addicted to Fun and Learning
You could get a Chromecast for $40 and the bta30pro for $130. You can stream Amazon music through your TV with the Chromecast, and then use your TV's optical output to connect to the BTA30Pro.

With this setup you'll be able to use your Qudelix 5k wirelessly/while walking around your home/apartment.

My computer is connected directly to my TV, but otherwise I use this exact setup.

OP
O

Ole_S

You could get a Chromecast for $40 and the bta30pro for $130. You can stream Amazon music through your TV with the Chromecast, and then use your TV's optical output to connect to the BTA30Pro.

With this setup you'll be able to use your Qudelix 5k wirelessly/while walking around your home/apartment.

My computer is connected directly to my TV, but otherwise I use this exact setup.
Sounds interessting

Meticulous G

I ended up here because I was using my google based tv for streaming qobuz also, but when it died recently, I upgraded (FINALLY) to an LG Oled...just an A2, but it's a massive improvement over the crappy hisense I got just a little post covid in a pinch (which only lasted 16 months btw)

Yes, I had other options for source/signal path...but being a hi-res tier subscriber, my best way to remain all hard wired for the 192/24 was tv > hdmi earc > marantz SR 7012 > Klipsch KLF 10 et al...even connecting router to tv by LAN/RJ45 cable

I couldn't put the qobuz app on my tv, but I figured out that i could go to the site via tv's google (possibly chrome) browser, then through the qobuz ecosystem button, there's a web player...which worked just fine, and left any compression using "over the air" signals out of it

So for the 1 or 2 that asked (or any future folks that may show up) I'd assume this is the answer to why anyone would go out of their way to have tv do the streaming

Anyway, today was my 1st attempt at this with the LG, which isn't a google TV, and after trying every darn thing I could think of...I haven't had such luck coming up with a work around

I even changed the default search engine in the LG's browser to google, yahoo, aand bing...getting slightly different behaviors, but it just felt like LG was actively blocking the web player

...although as I'm writing this, I remembered that I got distracted from finishing a fix for what might be a similar issue, that I saw on a roon thread...something about enabling IPv4 on router & restarting the router

I did the IPv4 thing, but stopped for the day before rebooting router. I'll try to report back tomorrow, if I get to it

I'm also realizing I might have a chance at using the old Xbox that's still hooked up, in some creative way

Just my $.02, aand time will tell

Top Bottom