• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help with speakers for a 3x6m room (400€ range)

You should get:

• Total voters

maxxevv

Major Contributor
Hello, Ive been reading forums and discussions for 2 months and finally Im about to make a purchase. My budget is around 800€. I was kinda impressed by Klipsch the Fives (I can have them for 700€), but Im not sure if getting all in one solution at this price is a good idea. Ive eyed a few passive speakers too and I think that all of them will outperform Klipsches, but I might be wrong.

My favorite now is Kef Q350 and I would get SMSL SA300 with it, cause I need to make it as easy as possible for my wife. Literally anything is worse than Klipsch when it comes to easiness of use, but I want a decent sound too (and maybe save 200€ as well).

Alternatives for SMSL are welcome too.

Thanks for your opinions and comments.

edit: I am unable to listen to these in my room. They will be placed on a tv table, front side 60cm away from the wall, so pretty close.

If you already have a decent DAC that can output 2 Volts via RCA, as a total budget, I would suggest active speakers.

There are quite a few 6.5"~ 8" driver actives that will fit your budget with some to spare.

Makes like JBL, Kali, Adam all have models that will fit your budget.

OP
R

railthe

If you already have a decent DAC that can output 2 Volts via RCA, as a total budget, I would suggest active speakers.

There are quite a few 6.5"~ 8" driver actives that will fit your budget with some to spare.

Makes like JBL, Kali, Adam all have models that will fit your budget.

Nope, dont have anything. These Klipsches I mentioned have digital inputs (USB/bluetooth), so I wouldnt need a DAC. And if I go for passives, I could buy Allo Boss and Volt maybe...Not sure if it has some standby mode implementation, cause I dont want to turn it on/off all the time. And not sure If I could pair iPhone with it via bluetooth.

ttimer

If you are in Europe, you can get Focal Aria 906 or Chora 806 passive speakers at very good prices. Even cheaper if you are willing to mail-order from Homecine solutions and ask for their offer price. The Arias have been measured by Amir and performed well, especially for the (European) price.

OP
R

railthe

If you are in Europe, you can get Focal Aria 906 or Chora 806 passive speakers at very good prices. Even cheaper if you are willing to mail-order from Homecine solutions and ask for their offer price. The Arias have been measured by Amir and performed well, especially for the (European) price.
Oh well, these are a bit over my budget even in EU :)...Chora 806 are 700€, so maybe, but depends on if Loxjie A30 is good enough. Still I would go for less expensive speakers I think.

ttimer

Where did you look? homecinesolutions.fr has the 906 for 269€ a piece without shipping. You might get an even better price if you ask for their “Prix confidentiel“.

OP
R

railthe

Where did you look? homecinesolutions.fr has the 906 for 269€ a piece without shipping. You might get an even better price if you ask for their “Prix confidentiel“.
Hmmm, in here its 500€ a piece...Not sure how much would it cost to send them to Czech Republic, but almost no international shop ships here, cause we dont have Euro or i dont know.

OP
R

railthe

Just to let you know, I ended up purchasing Kali LP-8. And they ended up on my PC desk instead of living room :(...Well, I spend most of my time here. They dont look as cheap as they are described in reviews sometimes, they sound really BIG. And yea, their hiss is quite audible for close range listening, even when I got a paper with them saying that Kali disabled the sleep mode (which was one of the hissing hotfixes afaik). But the hiss is not that annoying. The real problem is buzzing in my little Apple USB-C dongle which gets interfered while GPU is running. So, DAC is the next thing I suppose.

Anyways, I love these speakers, no need for a woofer with them, would recommend them for a living room (where I had them before), definetly.

Top Bottom