• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help and ideas for ASR Merchandize

julian_hughes

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Triblend, eco, and premium tees all look good. I would love a pint glass too, preferably traditional British pub glass. An American craft beer glass.would work too. I think you can charge more than list MSRP since you are providing a valuable public service. Maybe 100% markup plus shipping.

100% markup is totally realistic for people like me. That's because, before handing over money, we always insist on a 50% discount. Thank you for your generous subsidy

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I think you can charge more than list MSRP since you are providing a valuable public service. Maybe 100% markup plus shipping.
For Canadians importing to Canada that would make them too expensive. We have to pay duty and taxes on them. A big beer glass and big coffee mug would be nice too.

Katji

Major Contributor
I wouldn't be seen dead in anything polyester. We live in the hottest, driest nation on earth and I only wear cotton, wool and leather (shoes/belts/bdsm gear-kidding) and maybe silk (ties).

The kids these days with wicking polyester shirts and active wear- just couldn't do it. Feels like a plastic bag to my skin.
Well, given that this is already going on, i'll respond here...
I get you. I even have a problem with sleeping with polyester duvet covers. Cotton more [maybe mostly] in the sweaty regions too. [afaik, that applies where you are, or at least in the coastal region.]
Generally pure cotton t-shirts more comfortable for me than poly-cotton. Probably the reason why most still are cotton.
However, the tech fabrics are proven too, for sports activity. Wicking and evaporation, cooling. imo often better when it's the more woven, fleece-like type....doesn't feel sticky. Sometimes you get lucky with a cotton-poly blend that works well...or maybe it's when it's rayon or something other than polyester.

GD Fan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
For Canadians importing to Canada that would make them too expensive. We have to pay duty and taxes on them. A big beer glass and big coffee mug would be nice too.
Is there a similar web site in Canada? No reason not to take this global unless there are upfront fees associated.

Katji

Major Contributor
Mugs and t-shirts pretty much limited to USA. Probably only honourable members who are rich audiophiles would pay [courier] shipping for mugs, like 4-5x the price of the mug.
T-shirts, quite typically the calculation starts with the 20% or 40% import tax on clothing, then the VAT.

High-quality stickers, maybe various sizes, for laptops, monitors,...maybe smaller, cheaper, paper-based stickers for sticking in other places..."sticker-bombing"... probably good to fit the basic URL on it.

Cahudson42

Major Contributor
An 'Auditioning CD/download' of Amir's tracks he uses for subjective evaluation, each preceded by Amir's comment why selected, and what to listen for.

Sections for Headphones, Stereo Music, and HT speaker setups

Download available for modest ASR contribution.. like PBS station fundraising

Last edited:
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Is there a similar web site in Canada? No reason not to take this global unless there are upfront fees associated.
Teespring does ship internationally but of course charges extra:

us-costs1-updated.png

That's for the first item. The next one is cheaper.

They have international fulfillment but I am not sure what all is involved in setting that up.

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Coffe mugs and mouse pads (in different sizes) .

Tag lines and slogans can be a bit cheesy on clothes . And hard to come up with a good one (all the ones big corporation uses suck and they pay ad people to come up with them ).

But id do like the one Don Lincoln uses in Fermilabs science videos about physics "Physics is everything" it's unbeatable :) and cheesy

Wombat

Master Contributor
Hello you all. For a while I have been needing to have a sticker to send to members that send gear in for testing. Something like "ASR Tested." I also thought it would be cool to have some merchandize with our logo and such on them. I had my wife embroider a couple of my sweaters with our logo and has been nice as a way of identification.

I thought I get ideas on what all you want to see as far as such things. Do you want mugs, T-shirts, stickers, etc.? I don't want to go overboard here but thought for those interested, we should have something.

I also am looking for a cute tag line to go under the logo maybe. Something like, "negative feedback is good feedback!" So go ahead and suggest things but know that I own the rights to use them afterward. :)

"negative feedback is good feedback"

No comment. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

LostOne___

Something like a mug that has on it a meme, like "This mug's futuristic ceramic material improves by X% the taste of the coffee in it, just like audio cables"...

I know, it could use some work, but it's an idea :)

Wombat

Master Contributor
Make Audio Great Again caps in brown. ;)

Top Bottom