• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Headless Panther product owner support group

Prutser

Dear forum members,

It happens on a rainy Saturday afternoon while listening with pleasure to my stereo setup, I opened ASR and there It was, the predecessor review of my current loudspeakers with the headless panther. Suddenly my stereo system sounded like crapp and the rain outside sounded louder that it really was, I started sweating heavily , I needed a good cup of coffee to get over that moment of an experience I can not fully describe yet.

Are there more people like me that are in need for a support group to share simmilar experiences and maybe share the burdon of losing a good stereo system after seeing the headless panther?

Thanks,
Arno,

sergeauckland

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Revel in your iconoclasm. You have the good sense not to fall for all this modern obsession with perfection.

Did Leonardo DaVinci care his Mona Lisa's smile was actually piles?
Was Michelangelo bothered that Pope Julius II would have preferred wallpaper?
Did Isaac Newton even consider that the apple maybe didn't fall, it was thrown at him by a naughty schoolboy
No, they all went on to greatness, and so can you if you ignore the naysayers.

S. (Behringer A500 user - which didn't even get a panther, headless or otherwise)

Last edited:

tomtoo

Major Contributor
The Panther is a subjektivist. What makes him somehow likeable. But it's like with all subjektivism, dont take it to serious for your own subjekt. If i take a bath with my wife she feels the temperatur heavenly and i think it's like hell.

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Dear forum members,

It happens on a rainy Saturday afternoon while listening with pleasure to my stereo setup, I opened ASR and there It was, the predecessor review of my current loudspeakers with the headless panther. Suddenly my stereo system sounded like crapp and the rain outside sounded louder that it really was, I started sweating heavily , I needed a good cup of coffee to get over that moment of an experience I can not fully describe yet.
Use a command line web browser for ASR and you won't see all those nasty looking images and graphs ... :p

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I suggest to open a beer every time you think of that headless panther.

Balle Clorin

Major Contributor
Someone said to me " I am sure you are biased into not liking a system that does not measure well!". My reply was: " Absolutely correct if it does not measure well I cannot enjoy it, no matter how it sounds".

But I do not like a flat steady state room curve either...

Vasr

Major Contributor
The panther is nothing but a symbolic capitulation to the human disposition for reductionism to compensate for diminished mental capacities, a calculated attempt to cater to basest instincts for either placing objects/people on a pedestal with undue praise or to knock them off a pedestal with undue criticism, and a stealth plot to divide and rule the community for personal gain by introducing conflict and animosity towards each other.

In the end the anti-panthers will eventually rise against this cynical strategy and prevail. This thread is nothing but a start of the glorious revolution.

Vasr

Major Contributor
If i take a bath with my wife she feels the temperatur heavenly and i think it's like hell.

You do realize the focus on the water is just a metaphor to express how you feel about each other but afraid to say?

Aerith Gainsborough

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I'm sure both my computer soundcard I use for headphone listening as well as my budget AVR would fall into the headless panther category.

The hand-me-down rear speakers would probably result in a pair of panther shoes, with the rest being blown to pieces.

Doesn't stop me from enjoying the music with what I currently have. :D

beefkabob

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The panther is nothing but a symbolic capitulation to the human disposition for reductionism to compensate for diminished mental capacities, a calculated attempt to cater to basest instincts for either placing objects/people on a pedestal with undue praise or to knock them off a pedestal with undue criticism, and a stealth plot to divide and rule the community for personal gain by introducing conflict and animosity towards each other.

Use more periods. I rate this sentence headless.

tomtoo

Major Contributor
You do realize the focus on the water is just a metaphor to express how you feel about each other but afraid to say?

Looks like you are young and never was in a bathtub with your girl. No problem, wait and see.

Top Bottom