• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

HDMI and DACs not evolving

JSmith

Master Contributor
SMSL released new cheap DAC with HDMI
Gosh that is cheap, $30... I hope they update all their other XLR models with HDMI input too. @SMSL-Mandy I would gladly buy another new DAC if SMSL added HDMI to their product lineup and I'd suggest I would not be the only one.

JSmith

tom_tom

I also hope this is a new trend and HDMI ARC ( eARC) will be standard in DACs soon !
I should better choose words to be fair to SMSL. It's not cheap, it have attracting pricing or it's cost effective :)
Love it ! I hope next or upgraded version will be this + good preamp and remote so I can use it with hypex and have no worries.

tom_tom

SMSL added HDMI ARC to new amp AO300

Roland68

Major Contributor
SMSL added HDMI ARC to new amp AO300
No HDMI logo, so I'm looking forward to the pictures of the board.

Head_Unit

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Like sound bars, the speakers are now starting to support eARC directly (DAC inside speaker can do it, DAC separates surely can do it too): https://crast.net/197254/the-new-sv...hdmi-earc-200-watts-and-integrated-bluetooth/
" In addition, we have a RCA output for connecting an external subwooferat which point the speakers are limited by a high-pass filter with cutoff at 80 Hz."
Hallelujah, some intelligence in this business for once! Another reason I like SVS. We have an SVS SB-2000 Pro we like; I'd be curious to someday hear their speakers.

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
" In addition, we have a RCA output for connecting an external subwooferat which point the speakers are limited by a high-pass filter with cutoff at 80 Hz."
Hallelujah, some intelligence in this business for once! Another reason I like SVS. We have an SVS SB-2000 Pro we like; I'd be curious to someday hear their speakers.
Agreed. Unfortunately, very (very) few soundbars have real subwoofer outputs. The vast majority will work only with their own wireless subs.

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Pasnin

The Matrix Mini-I 4 and Mini-I 4 Pro has HDMI ARC. Only difference is headphone out on the Pro model. It even has analog in, but sadly no digital out. It uses new ESS chips so should be transparent, if the implementation is any good. I am going to order one soon.

Top Bottom